Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think about march baseball in australia, mates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about march baseball in australia, mates?

is american baseball even known in the land of oz?

is this fair to the dodgers and the diamondbacks? will there be any significant impacts on their preparation?

didn't the world baseball classic play a part in hanley's injury last year? do the dodgers even risk taking kershaw out there?

do you like that these games count in the official standings? or should these be exhibition games?

is this mucking with your fantasy leagues?

any other thoughts?
    i like it!
    0%
    i don't like it!
    0%
    i would life it *if*... [explain]
    0%
    ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

I don't see anything good about it from an American fans perspective right now. It will be good for MLB $$$. That's the only short term benefit i see. The one potential long term benefit may be that Australian kids learn the game and MLB starts getting prospects from down under about 10 years from now.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It will be subject to the usual 20/20 hindsight. If no one gets hurt, it's great for the game. If someone significant gets hurt, the experts will all have known retroactively that this is a terrible idea.

From a competitive standpoint, it's only 2 games out of 162. It's not like The Great Roger Goodell Himself Live And In Person with his infatuation over wanting to become British royalty or something like that, forcing teams to play 1/16 of their schedule in London.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

I have nothing against a baseball game in a foreign country but I feel that opening day should be played here.

Comment

Grant Balfour.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            I think it's super cool. By the way, there are already Australian prospects and players.
            There have been for years, going back at least as far as Dave Nilsson with the Brewers.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

I wish we could have MLB teams in Cuba, the Dominican, and Japan
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
              X