Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets waive the 5 year waiting period for jeter to get into the HoF !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets waive the 5 year waiting period for jeter to get into the HoF !

Not my sentiments, but Dan Pietrafesa of the poughkeepsiejournal.com wants jeter in early to join Mo Rivera (assuming the writers put mo in on a first ballot).

LOL.

He compared jeter to Yankee greats of the past who received early induction including Lou Gehrig - WHO WAS DYING - and was CERTAINLY more assured of a 1st ballot entry than jeter.

Gehrig--Dying.

Clemente--Dead.

Offhand, I don't recall anyone else having the 5-year waiting period waived. Not even any other YANKEES (face The Bronx and bow).

Jacka** pot stirrer. No wonder he writes for such a major paper.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

This is one of those articles that can be classified as "click-bait" as opposed to "writing" or "journalism."

See also: Anything ever published by Bleacher Report.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

only if Bonds goes in before him....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

How about if we take the writer who wants to waive the five year wait for Jeter and lock him in a room with the eventual writer who leaves Jeter off the ballot and let the two of them work it out.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Better yet, lock them in a room and walk away. With any luck, both will wither away.

Jeter is one of maybe a couple of dozen no-doubt first-ballot HOFers I've seen. Suggesting anything other than an orderly progression towards that is not only wrong, but very un-Jeter-like.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

Albert Pujols said that Derek Jeter is basically Jesus so I'm sure this will happen.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Working...
              X