Matt Harrison -- back issues again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Harrison -- back issues again

That pitching staff is hot garbage behind Darvish (not a Perez fan). They need to go get Big Erv, now.

Hot garbage indeed. They might have to reconvert Feliz in July at this rate.

Comment

Wow...yeah, that's ugly. Given Ogando's DL history, if Harrison's hurt, too, they could end up with three key SPs on the DL quickly. I'm more optimistic than Jason on Martin Perez - IMO, he can be a serviceable mid-rotation starter, Tepesch can probably be a serviceable #5, but there's some gaping holes.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't think Santana is enough or the answer. If they don't think their current pitchers are sufficient they need to explore the trade market.

Comment

i'm surprised to see ross referred to as a reliever in a pretty dismissive way. he spent his entire minor league career as a starter and only went to the 'pen last year. he's only 24 and had very good MiL numbers...

not that he's the answer to the whole situation, which is indeed pretty messy, but he could shore up the bottom end of the rotation pretty well, i'd think.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Good point, bryanbutler - Ross could well be another good option for the 4 slot.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
            X