Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homer bailey extended

6 years, $105M.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Not so fast. Beat writer (and team sock puppet) John Fay, who's never been known to not say exactly what management wants said, doesn't have it as a done deal quite yet--

Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

He gave the Reds a discount.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        He gave the Reds a discount.
        exactly

Comment

2 years with 200 innings = $100,000,000 contract (and it's a discount!).

I'll never get baseball salaries.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made $44 million last year so stupid amounts of money isn't limited to baseball.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made $44 million last year so stupid amounts of money isn't limited to baseball.
              That's just the taxable part. Imagine what personal expenses are buried within the league's income statement.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

I don't see the discount........yet. Seems like fair market value for a #15-30 ranked pitcher. If he becomes a top 10 pitcher it will be a discount.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Interesting points here - http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/homer...and-his-peers/

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post

I agree. These salaries are ridiculous. But if the teams have the money to spend, i guess they might as well spend it. As long as ticket prices don't go through the roof.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      The commissioner of a multi-billion dollar industry getting that amount seems ok to me. Is he worth it?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        The commissioner of a multi-billion dollar industry getting that amount seems ok to me. Is he worth it?
                        I bet the players who retired before the NFL became rich and are trying to live off of their poverty level NFL pensions don't think so.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I bet the players who retired before the NFL became rich and are trying to live off of their poverty level NFL pensions don't think so.
                          The NFLPA should be helping them.

Comment

Working...
                          X