X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubaldo to the Orioles

4 year, $48m.

Now for the physical . . .
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
      Now for the physical . . .
      LoL -- those crazy O's won't hear the end of this one for a while. If they somehow manage to fail Ubaldo, my guess is that there won't be a free agent from here to Timbuktu that will go near their offers for a good long while.

This deal seems like a decent one for the Orioles, but it's probably bad news for mixed leaguers hoping that Ubaldo would land back in the NL. The AL East and a smallish ballpark don't bode quite as well for his fantasy owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
        LoL -- those crazy O's won't hear the end of this one for a while. If they somehow manage to fail Ubaldo, my guess is that there won't be a free agent from here to Timbuktu that will go near their offers for a good long while.

This deal seems like a decent one for the Orioles, but it's probably bad news for mixed leaguers hoping that Ubaldo would land back in the NL. The AL East and a smallish ballpark don't bode quite as well for his fantasy owners.
        Very true I was hoping for Seatle or the NL. But correct me if I am wrong he is a ground ball pitcher and obviously a nice K/9 guy.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
          Very true I was hoping for Seatle or the NL. But correct me if I am wrong he is a ground ball pitcher and obviously a nice K/9 guy.
          Nowhere near as much a groundball pitcher as he was in his Colorado days. He ranked 52nd in GB% last year among all starters in MLB.

Comment

So who gets dumped out of the rotation? Chen? Gonzalez? Gausman?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              So who gets dumped out of the rotation? Chen? Gonzalez? Gausman?
              How about Norris to closer?

Comment

How about Gausman to closer?

Comment

Would be a giant waste of Gausman's talent. If anything, move Norris to closer

Comment

Now if the O's are smart they'll turn around and sign Morales since it only costs them a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Now if the O's are smart they'll turn around and sign Morales since it only costs them a 2nd rounder.
                      Interesting idea...would that shut up the O's detractors if that happened? I would really improve the lineup, and make Morales a nice buy hitting in Camden.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

We canna a-do that. It make-a too much-a sense."--Chico Marx

If they did it, they'd immediately feel the backlash from those fans (every team has them) who feel the need to take the team to task no matter what they do--

"You gave up our first and second-round picks for immediate help. That's too much of our future!"
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                          We canna a-do that. It make-a too much-a sense."--Chico Marx

If they did it, they'd immediately feel the backlash from those fans (every team has them) who feel the need to take the team to task no matter what they do--

"You gave up our first and second-round picks for immediate help. That's too much of our future!"
                          Adam Jones, Gausman, Bundy, Hunter Harvey, Machado, Schoop. Re-sign Weiters and Chris Davis and there's your future

Comment

Now if the O's are smart
                            THAT made me laugh! Thanks
                            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Adam Jones, Gausman, Bundy, Hunter Harvey, Machado, Schoop. Re-sign Weiters and Chris Davis and there's your future
                              I know that, you know that--but the eternally dissatisfied kind of fan has to have something about which to b***h. You know that guy--if the team won the World Series every year, he'd complain because it took them six games to win the WS, and "why must they take into October to finish this?".
                              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                              -- William James

Comment

Working...
                              X