Dominguez sent down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominguez sent down

OK, so the Marlins came to their senses and sent Matt Dominguez to the minors, and right now their starting third baseman is...Wes Helms?

Could this mean Coghlan is moving to second? If the fish dont make a pickup, I can see them moving Infante to third, Cogs to second and Bonifacio (god help them) to center field.

Some people are speculating Florida will go after a cheap old 3B who sucks like Pedro Feliz, but they already have one of those in Helms. Any cheap OF options floating around out there? I think that's the way they need to go.

Rather than go with Helms or Bonifacio I would have preferred they let Dominguez have the job. They have already announced that Infante won't move to third. I expect that they will try to acquire someone. I know it won't be Michael Young from the Rangers. If they were to acquire someone who could play 3rd from KC I hope its Gordon not Feliz.

Comment

The Marlins came out and said no to Infante at 3B.

If the decide to roll with what they have, its pretty ugly both for baseball and fantasy purposes.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Marlins manager said yesterday he wants to get Donnie Murphy in at 3B and save Bonifacio for the OF....for what that's worth....

Comment

What about Osvaldo Martinez? Is he strictly a SS, or can he move around?

Comment

Dominguez got hit by a pitch tonite in AAA and fractured his elbow according to the Marlins announcers.

Comment

Working...
            X