BMcCann 5
    JHardy 7
    CKershaw 41
    TFrazier 8 2014 (gotta keep or lose $5)
    JHenderson 1
    SCishek 3 opt (no extension)
    PCorbin 2
    JTeheran 1
    KMedlen 5 opt (considering one year, but probably not)
    CUtley 10 opt (no extension)

Missing the cut, but still in consideration:
    ALind 6
    JDyson 1
    JAxford 11 2014 (if I cut him, I lose $5, but cutting him anyway)
    MGarza 7
    DPedroia 38 (I guess if I didn't have Utley, I'd consider it, but... no)

Minors: DVogelbach, DDahl, WFlores, MSkole, HMorris, AWebster, among others. Plus, I have an over-full slate of picks.

I feel fairly set at pitching, and will probably budget less than $20 for the remaining spots. I'd rather protect more hitting, but I'll take the value where I can get it. I'll have a decent amount left to spend at the draft and I have the best SP on the board, so I can take it from there. My hitters aren't special, but there is some value there, and that is where I will focus most of my remaining salary.

So, I guess my main concerns are this:
    1) Is there anyone you would move out of my list for someone below? Who and why? Lind over Utley?
    2) Would you extend Medlen?
    3) If this is too much pitching, who do you throw back?

Thanks!

You have exactly the guys I thought you'd be keeping. I'd take Utley over Lind, but wouldn't think it's crazy to do the reverse. I wouldn't extend Medlen and while I don't feel like you are keeping too much pitching, I'd keep Lind over either Cishek or Corbin if you feel that way (prob Corbin).

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      I would keep Axford if at all possible. I was under the impression that you'd lose $11 in auction dollars and that's a shitload. Hell, give me a bro deal and I'll trade for him.

I would not extend any of your guys.
      Umm...you would pay $11 for Axford and not $12 for Chapman?

Comment

I would keep Axford if at all possible. I was under the impression that you'd lose $11 in auction dollars and that's a shitload. Hell, give me a bro deal and I'll trade for him.

If I was losing $11, I'd keep him for sure, but it's only $5. You want him? He's yours for a song.

Comment

If he cut Axford, he'd lose 5 bucks...we changed that several years ago.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Since you equate pitchers to Taco Bell bean burritos, I was pretty surprised to see six on your list.

I'd keep Lind over Utley since I have no confidence Utley will get to 400 ABs again.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'd keep Axford over Utley. Better than the equivalent of spending $20 on Chase Utley.

JJ Hardy at 7 is really that much of a slam dunk? Hell I might consider Utley over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                If he cut Axford, he'd lose 5 bucks...we changed that several years ago.
                Right. He has 1 year left on his contract so it's a $5 penalty. Whereas Ike Davis for Hammer has 2 years left and hence a $10 penalty.

Comment

I think you got it right.

as for your questions

1) Is there anyone you would move out of my list for someone below? No I would keep it as you have it.
                  2) Would you extend Medlen? I would not extend Medlen.
                  3) If this is too much pitching, who do you throw back? If you can trade a pitcher for a bat, do it. Otherwise go in with what you have and adjust accordingly.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    I'd keep Axford over Utley. Better than the equivalent of spending $20 on Chase Utley.

JJ Hardy at 7 is really that much of a slam dunk? Hell I might consider Utley over him.
                    Actually, it would be more like keeping Utley for $10 and McCann for $10. It's only a $5 penalty, and Axford is already about $6 over-value.

Hardy gets good, understated production out of the SS position. He's about as good an option you can possibly get for $7 there. I guess it's the same logic as keeping a $3 Drew, except that I would rather have Hardy at $7.

Comment

Explosive Diahhrea or Massive Headache? Hmm...let me think about that for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Explosive Diahhrea or Massive Headache? Hmm...let me think about that for a minute.
                        Really? Hardy has averaged 26 HRs the last three years and played Gold Glove defense at short (not that that matters in fantasy, but it tells you he will get all the ABs there). His OBP is not great, but 25 HRs from the SS slot for $7 is production I will take to the bank. Even if he takes a step back -which could always happen to anyone but isn't more likely in his case, as he isn't seeing declining skills and isn't particularly old (31)- he's still dollar-for-dollar one of the best SS plays in this league.

Comment

In our league, we will collectively be rostering 54 middle infielders, at a minimum. I think folks are underestimating just how bad those will get toward the end.
                          It's even more if you consider the reserves. Truth is, many of us will have to pay serious dollars for middle infielders with no production. I think having Hardy and Utley there for $17 (and maybe Wilmer Flores later, perhaps) gets me out of that morass, and could net me 40 HRs pretty easy. Do I really want to be in a low-dollar bidding war for Jeff Bianchi? Hardy has his flaws (as does Utley) but numbers is numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            Really? Hardy has averaged 26 HRs the last three years and played Gold Glove defense at short (not that that matters in fantasy, but it tells you he will get all the ABs there). His OBP is not great, but 25 HRs from the SS slot for $7 is production I will take to the bank. Even if he takes a step back -which could always happen to anyone but isn't more likely in his case, as he isn't seeing declining skills and isn't particularly old (31)- he's still dollar-for-dollar one of the best SS plays in this league.
                            I was just funnin with ya. While I am not a Hardy fan. Hardy at $7 is a keeper.

Just curious, why is Hardy so cheap in your league?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I was just funnin with ya. While I am not a Hardy fan. Hardy at $7 is a keeper.
                              Just curious, why is Hardy so cheap in your league?
                              I have no idea how I got him for that last year. Timing was right, I guess. I was budgeting about $12-$15 at that point in the draft, and when I got him at $7, I was pretty stoked.

Comment

Working...
                              X