• Please Rank these SP in a Dynasty

Please Rank these SP in a Dynasty

Listed by Age: (can keep forever)

Hellickson, Jeremy 26
    Anderson, Brett 26
    Gee, Dillon 27
    Lincecum, Tim 29
    Estrada, Marco 30

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9)

My top 3 SP are: Felix Hernandez, Cliff Lee, and Kris Medlen

I also have 2 older starting pitchers who I like but are not long term options and I am trying to trade both to get somewhat younger in Hiroki Kuroda, and John Lackey.

Please rank the 5 five listed, and any thoughts would be appreciated
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I've never been in a dynasty league, so take this with a grain of salt--

Estrada--not necessarily healthy, but far better than Anderson in this area. A virtual unknown (understandable considering his franchise's record at developing pitchers), but has the goods.

Lincecum--He'll probably never be like he was in 2009, or even 2011, but he won't be like he was in 2012, either. Coming off a decent if not great year. To quote a great line from one of my favorite movies, "The Wild Bunch", "It ain't like it used to be...but it'll do."
    -------------------------------
    Hellickson--Coming off a woof year, and just had "minor" elbow surgery. Previously very durable. Despite the ugly numbers last year, did improve in Dom and Cmd.

Anderson--As durable as isinglass. Good when healthy, and rarely healthy.

Gee--Meh. I don't see much upside here. Good control.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

I feel the same about Gee. Just wondering if the 2nd half of last season was a real progression as a pitcher or just a hot period of small sample size.

I didn't realize how old Estrada was until really trying to compare these pitchers. However his arm doesn't have a ton of wear on it.

Anderson has a ton of talent but his injuries and now being in Colorado are definitely strikes against him.

With Lincecum, I am seeing most projections have him getting his ERA back under 4, but his WHIP is concerning. However his K's and K/9 are still very nice.

I just acquired Hellickson for next to nothing playing up his injury and bad season last year. I think last year will turn out to be an aberration.

Looking forward to more insight from you guys!
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
        I feel the same about Gee. Just wondering if the 2nd half of last season was a real progression as a pitcher or just a hot period of small sample size.

I didn't realize how old Estrada was until really trying to compare these pitchers. However his arm doesn't have a ton of wear on it.

Anderson has a ton of talent but his injuries and now being in Colorado are definitely strikes against him.

With Lincecum, I am seeing most projections have him getting his ERA back under 4, but his WHIP is concerning. However his K's and K/9 are still very nice.

I just acquired Hellickson for next to nothing playing up his injury and bad season last year. I think last year will turn out to be an aberration.

Looking forward to more insight from you guys!
        One point in Anderson's favor is that he's an extreme groundball pitcher (60% in 2012, 63% last year). That will reduce the Coors effect.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Estrada - Good K/9, low WHIP, OK ERA pitcher. He's almost a lock to get some sort of stupid injury that will leave you banging your head in frustration, but his arm is sound.
          Lincecum - Pretty much what DQ said, but there a little upside there
          ~
          ~
          Gee - He at least has a decent home park to pitch in.
          Anderson - GB heavy or no, there's no way I touch him going from Oakland to Colorado.
          Hellickson - Gonna be out until mid-May at best, much longer at worst. He's going to be Wally Pipp-ed, IMO, as either Odorizzi or Colome will take his #5 slot. He's about the 8th best SP on the Rays right now.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

1) Estrada
            2) Lincecum

the rest are below those guys. How many players do you get to keep each year?

Comment

Has been 25

However it will now be either, 22 with 3 ml or 27 with 3 ml.

Comment

Working...
              X