• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronson Arroyo to Arizona, per Rosenthal

Lots of souvenirs for D-Backs fans

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Lots of souvenirs for D-Backs fans
    He's pitched virtually his entire career in homer-prone home parks (Fenway and the GASP). He gives up home runs, but mitigates it with great control (1.5 BB/9 last year).

I'm not very interested in him from a Roto angle, but that has more to do with his low K/9 rate than his home run tendencies.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Chase Field does things to a man. That's not going to be a pretty place for him to pitch in

Comment

By Stadium ERA W L SV SVO GP GS CG IP H R ER HR BB SO AVG
        Chase Field 1.50 2 0 0 0 2 2 0 12.0 13 3 2 1 1 9 .277

Only pitched there twice the past 3 years, but the results might have impressed them.

Comment

Interesting, I didn't think the D'Backs needed another SP. So does this bump Randall Delgado from the rotation? If so, why would they sign him? And they also have top prospect Archie Bradley knocking on the door.
          Last edited by revo; 02-07-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Towers has brought in Arroyo, McCarthy and Cahill while dealing away Parker, Bauer and Skaggs. They may have had their reasons for the individual moves, e.g. Cahill's sinkerball better suited for Chase Field, selling high on Bauer. But taken as a whole, the organization seems to be rejecting the conventional approach of valuing cheap young assets.

Comment

I'm hoping they still give Delgado as chance this year.
              拖裤子,
              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Arizona said their biggest goal this offseason was to bring in an ace. They signed Arroyo. Look at that rotation; a bunch of 3's, 4's, and 5's. I'll give Towers this - when he likes a guy, he gets him. When he doesn't, he dumps them. Quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by eephus View Post
                  Towers has brought in Arroyo, McCarthy and Cahill while dealing away Parker, Bauer and Skaggs. They may have had their reasons for the individual moves, e.g. Cahill's sinkerball better suited for Chase Field, selling high on Bauer. But taken as a whole, the organization seems to be rejecting the conventional approach of valuing cheap young assets.
                  Interesting. I can see the reasoning for each of those moves individually, but when I see them listed like this en toto, it's really a pattern.

But they did pick up Delgado in there, which kinda screws with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X