Rasmus for Singleton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasmus for Singleton

AL only 5x5 Ultra 12 teams $260 budget. Fairly high inflation.

I have been offered a $14 Colby Rasmus (can extend after this year at $5 per or play him out in 2015 at $14) for Jon Singleton who is free until activated then he is $15.

The pot thing with Singleton is a bit of a concern. On the other hand does the Brett Wallace being designated for assignment mean Singleton gets a real shot to start the season at 1B?

Thoughts?

I wouldn't do the deal. Rasmus is a WYSIWYG player by now, not bad but not that good. Singleton has tons of upside if he can avoid getting caught doing blunts.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

If Rasmus is going to really help this year I would consider it. At $15 for Singleton it's unlikely he's going to be a great keeper for a couple years. Also does giving up Singleton open a rookie spot to get another player?

Comment

I've been a fan of Singleton but he has not been progressing infact he has been regressing in the minors in 2013. However he did tear up the Puerto Rican Winter League.

Rasmus had a really good season last year and it appears his power could turn into a real asset. I think 2 years of solid production at $15 is the way I would go, just too much unknown about Singleton right now.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by axman View Post
          If Rasmus is going to really help this year I would consider it. At $15 for Singleton it's unlikely he's going to be a great keeper for a couple years. Also does giving up Singleton open a rookie spot to get another player?
          It does open up a spot. We have a 15 man reserve. We are a very deep league. We can keep 6 rookie status guys each year. My next two best prospects are Springer and Deshields.

Comment

Thanks you for the responses.

Comment

FYI there is no pot testing in the majors. Only the minors

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                FYI there is no pot testing in the majors. Only the minors
                None for players who are members of the MLB Players Association (and thus are covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement), which includes anyone on a 40-man roster.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                X