Freeman/Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeman/Harper

NL-only 5x5 using AVG. Freeman for the next three years at $16 or Harper in his option year for $12 (so realistically $17 or $22 or $27)?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

harper, IMHO.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

The commish of my league holds both Freeman and Harper. Since 2007, he's found ways to screw things up in spectacular fashion every year. We'll see if this year's iteration involves either or both of these guys.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I also like Harper. Freeman's inflated BABIP last year is just too difficult to ignore. Harper just turned 21 a couple months ago. I have a feeling there's a monster breakout just lurking.
        He's a strange cat. LD rate was nearly identical to 2012 yet the BABIP swung nearly 80 points. Yes, fewer infield flyballs helps (from 12 to 4), but 8 balls in play should only account for ~ 20 pts in BABIP.

Given the lack of 1B, the decision is closer than it would seem.

Comment

I have to say, it's pretty close. I think Freeman could be .290-25 with some upside in AVG. And I probably wouldn't go 3 years on Harper (2 at $17 seems more realistic). I'd still take Harper but it's very even.

Comment

Harper, and it's not close. Freeman had an average with runner in scoring position of over .400 last year, the previous season it was .212. It'll settle somewhere in the middle, bringing down the ribbies, and the average will also likely come down.

Harper is a Monster waiting to happen, as ELD said...take the otherworldly talent all day here.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X