Good read on Mike Olt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good read on Mike Olt

Very intrigued by him as a bounceback guy, especially after reading this.

Thank you for the link Jason. I have always been a fan of Olt's. Can't wait till my prospect draft.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

That's a good article, but this part had me laughing--

"Rick Renteria and the front office point to a platoon of Donnie Murphy and Luis Valbuena being perfectly acceptable at third (and it very well may be)."

If they believe that, MLB should conduct drug tests on them. If they don't, they deserve abuse for trying to sell that kind of garbage to us.

I'm sorry, but even on a team with no 2014 expectations, that is NOT an acceptable situation at third base and barely so at 2B.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

If you asked me to pick a 3B today in that org, I'd say Baez. Bryant to LF, Olt to 1B

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          If you asked me to pick a 3B today in that org, I'd say Baez. Bryant to LF, Olt to 1B
          The only problem with that is that the Cubs are locked in with Rizzo at 1B for the foreseeable future.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            That's a good article, but this part had me laughing--

"Rick Renteria and the front office point to a platoon of Donnie Murphy and Luis Valbuena being perfectly acceptable at third (and it very well may be)."
            I have no problem with Renteria shoveling it out - in fairness, that's part of his job - but the authors even crediting it with "it very well may be" pretty much ran their credibility meter to zero in my eyes. And I agree with elD - Olt's the 3rd best 3B prospect in the Cubs organization, and unless they're willing to move Rizzo, he'll have nowhere to likely play.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Why would they do that? In Rizzo, they've got a guy who's hit over .280 for a good portion of a season, hit over 20 HR's in a season, and is still only 24 YO. Olt has done nothing in his career, and is a year older than Rizzo...I just can't see it happening.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

These are still the Cubs... Rizzo will hit 50 Home Runs this year, they will trade him so they don't have to pay a ton in arbitration, and Olt will play 1st!

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
                  These are still the Cubs... Rizzo will hit 50 Home Runs this year, they will trade him so they don't have to pay a ton in arbitration, and Olt will play 1st!
                  No arbitration with Rizzo. From Rotoworld--

"5/12/2013: Signed a seven-year, $41 million extension. Includes two club options and another $3 million available through escalators."

As I said, they're locked in with him.

-- William James

Comment

Working...
                  X