• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammel to the Cubs, per Rosenthal

waiting on financials, but decent move

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    waiting on financials, but decent move
    Which do you think we're more likely to see, the 2012 Hammel, the 2013 version, or something in between? Will the proposed move to the NL Central make a big difference?
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Well, the Cubs tried something similar with Scott Baker and it didn't really work out, but I like this move for them.

Comment

Bah, I hate one year FA deals for the Cubs. I woulld rather they signed Arroyo to a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Bah, I hate one year FA deals for the Cubs. I woulld rather they signed Arroyo to a couple of years.
          This gives them more "budgetary flexibility" with which to make unsuccessful bids for significant free agents.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            This gives them more "budgetary flexibility" with which to make unsuccessful bids for significant free agents.
            They are like the auction player who leaves $25 on the table and wonders why they don't win.

Comment

The Cubs also signed James McDonald today.

Comment

Working...
              X