Michael Young Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Young Retires

Congrats on a great career....at one point, I thought he had a shot at 3,000 hits.

It seems hard to believe he had SIX seasons of 200+ hits!

I remember being upset because he was taking playing time away from Little Cat, Frank Catalanotto. At the time I did not understand the vast gulf between in defensive ability.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Too bad he couldn't spend his entire career with the Rangers. Good luck to him, had a very good career.

Comment

He was a real Steady Eddie for the Rangers and on my teams for years. You knew exactly what you were getting--lots of hits, fine BA, enough counting stats. Rarely spectacular, very rarely in a slump.

What I admired about him as a player was his willingness to change positions to accommodate the team. He came up as a 2B, the Rangers traded for Alfonso Soriano, he moved to SS willingly. Andrus came along, he willingly moved to 3B. Beltre was signed--well, maybe he didn't move willingly, but he adapted to the 1B/DH/occasional 3B role.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Working...
        X