2K14 - Joey Votto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14 - Joey Votto

I'd love to see him hit 2nd -- http://redlegnation.com/2014/01/30/b...nd-joey-votto/

Right after Shin-Soo Choo.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Yeah, but seems like wishful thinking - if they are dumb enough to let Billy Hamilton be the opening day leadoff hitter, are they smart enough to let Votto bat 2nd?

Comment

Hitting second fits his skill set best. I had him for the first time last year, and I lost a bet on his RBI total with Bodz last year. It amazes me someone who hits as well as he does gets so few rbis. He is an elite hitter, but he is not the typical heart of the order rbi machine 1bman.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
          Sorry J, but I am having tough time following this. You do realize Choo is not on the Reds.
          Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            Sorry J, but I am having tough time following this. You do realize Choo is not on the Reds.

but Chris Carpenter is, right?
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
              Votto is being traded to Texas?

Comment

Why number 2? With an on base percentage like he has he sounds like an ideal no.1. They always said that Willie Mays should hit leadoff.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                  Why number 2? With an on base percentage like he has he sounds like an ideal no.1. They always said that Willie Mays should hit leadoff.
                  I am pretty sure his ability to steal a few more bases than Votto might be a difference maker.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                    james33 nailed it. As long as you wish, wish for the best.

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Votto is being traded to Texas?
                    That works too.

Prince for Votto. Hmmm.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Honestly, I like the way Manny Acta puts it: you put your very best hitters at the top of the lineup so that they get the most opportunities over the full course of a season. Votto in the 2 spot makes a ton of sense.
                      Unless your name is Dusty Baker

Comment

It was just last year around mid-season when I polled you guys as to who you'd take in a deal straight up -- Votto or Goldschmidt. Almost unanimously, the vote went for Votto. It's surprising how quickly things change, right? Where do you guys rate Votto in a draft at this juncture? 2nd rounder?

I think the days of Votto garnering 100, or even 90, RBI are probably gone based on how often he walks combined with his downturn in power. You've gotta love his overall hitting ability, and he's a godsend in OBP leagues, but overall, Votto's merely a very good fantasy player, not a great one. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                          It was just last year around mid-season when I polled you guys as to who you'd take in a deal straight up -- Votto or Goldschmidt. Almost unanimously, the vote went for Votto. It's surprising how quickly things change, right? Where do you guys rate Votto in a draft at this juncture? 2nd rounder?
                          5x5, say around 16-19 overall. 4x4, more in the mid-20s overall. OBP league...1st round.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                          X