minors draft question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minors draft question

i have the first pick in our minors draft. given who's available, it's a choice between george springer, kris bryant, and greg polanco. opinions or advice?
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

do you care if they're in the majors this year? are you trying to win this year?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I would go with Bryant by a pretty healthy margin.

Comment

Bryant then big dropoff before Polanco and then Springer.

Comment

Agreed, I'd go with Kris Bryant (and not because I'm a Cubs fan)

Comment

What effect does it have on your draft choices in '15, when if projections hold true, Springer will have arrived and given you a couple of months of stats the previous year, and Bryant is starting the season in the minors?

Comment

thanks for the comments.

i'm not necessarily in it for this year. just top quality prospect. i should have said my current minors squad is: zunino, jackie bradley, dylan bundy, tony sanchez (ugh), lars anderson (ugh), and mike montgomery (ugh).

in '15, it won't affect my draft choice spots, but will affect the player's contract. if springer gets 150 AB, then he has to be activated...

sounds like bryant is the choice. interesting because i had been leaning to springer prior to the post...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
              X