Justin Upton vs. George Springer: Dynasty League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Upton vs. George Springer: Dynasty League

I have long been a fan of Justin Upton and his talent, however I have a person wanting to do a deal involving Upton for Astros top prospect George Spring. It is a Dynasty League where you can keep a [;ayer for ever.

Springer is already 24 so is only 2 years younger than Upton.

I've always thought Justin was going to mature into a .300 hitter who knocks out 30 dingers a year with good speed.

However I now doubt he will ever reach that level with any consistency.

As for Springer I love the raw tools but I have long heard doubts of his hit tool and if can ever produce a quality batting average at the big league level.

Even after his historic power/speed year in the minors last year I am hearing comparisons to Chris Young which doesn't really give me best feeling for his long term prospects.

This league has 7 offense categories (adding hits, and OPS) and is Head to Head.

What say you junkies?
    Justin Upton
    0%
    George Springer
    0%

The poll is expired.

Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

I have Springer and I like him a lot, and I too think Upton has underachieved, and wonder if he will ever put it together, but you touched on the age difference being only two years, and that seals it for me. Upton is a proven commodity. Springer is not. Both have big upside, but I'd stick with Upton.

Comment

Masher is right, it's not even close at this stage...Upton is an MVP candidate waiting to happen, Springer is waiting for his 1st major league AB. Don't overthink things...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Its definitely a hard call.

One thing that may be small but is a consideration of mine is the fact that Springer is projected as CF (would be only eligible there until 20 games in a corner) and with the acquisition of Fowler, I'm expecting his future is likely a corner.

I'm also trying to figure out how his speed will translate as he physically matures.

I guess I'm still caught up in thinking one day Justin puts it together and wins an MVP, whereas I never see Springer getting to that level, but the power/speed combo is such a rare thing in baseball right now.

Currently I am trying to get a sweetner to add to Springer possible a solid closer or starter.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

The 5-0 vote supported my initial thought as well.

I am trying to get the other owner to also include either Matt Cain or Glen Perkins.

Comment

I like Springer a lot, but even i would prefer Upton over Springer for this season. Having said that, i would take the deal if you are rebuilding and can get Cain or Perkins thrown in along with Springer. I'm thinking that Houston will keep Springer in AAA for a few more months to work on cutting down his strikeouts (and their 2017 payroll).
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Not close.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Someone is being a contrarian, or his finger slipped.

Comment

Working...
                X