Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
    This RJEL-esque.
    Pshaw...this wouldn't even qualify for an opening bout on an RJEL card. Strictly minor league stuff...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• BigJon timed out, PM'd Hornsby. I have one name from Weapon and hope Horns doesn't take him.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• DJ timed out, pm'ing hammer that he is on the clock until 9 pm.

Comment

• Bucky on the clock until 11, we are missing 24th and 25th rounders from hammer and DJ.
          Last edited by ; 02-26-2014, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• I am up to date. Apologies for holding things up.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Hammer locking up the shaky DH situation in Baltimore.
              Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                Hammer locking up the shaky DH situation in Baltimore.
                my standards are extremely low at this point. If youre breathing and have all your limbs, I will draft you. Reimold barely made the cut.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• BJE timing out, pm'ing bryan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    my standards are extremely low at this point. If youre breathing and have all your limbs, I will draft you. Reimold barely made the cut.
                    That sounds like a challenge. I should put together a list of "qualified" guys for you.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

• sorry - been in a management meeting. will post shortly.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                        sorry - been in a management meeting. will post shortly.
                        Ah yes, management meetings. They were a large part of why I left the corporate world in 1987 and other than financially haven't missed it for a minute since.

"Why is productivity down?"
                        "Because you keep hauling my people into endless meetings about why productivity is down."

-- William James

Comment

• The draft will soon be over and I must say that the remaining players are woefully thin.

Last year was my first time using yahoo and I never really truly understood the free agent system. Can anyone explain, or point me to a good explanation of how the Yahoo system works. When, in terms of both the days of the week and the hours that they are entered, can free agents be acquired and in what order?

Comment

• Yahoo is a free-for-all for all the players already in the database and not drafted. Blake Parker gets named Cubs closer tomorrow at 3am, whoever is awake gets him.

When I drop someone they are on waivers for 3 days and then of all the claimers, whoever is highest on the waiver list gets him. If no one claims him then he ends up in the free for all pile.

If Roger Clemens decides to unretire tomorrow and he's not in the database at all, he'll be added to the database and start out on waivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                              Yahoo is a free-for-all for all the players already in the database and not drafted. Blake Parker gets named Cubs closer tomorrow at 3am, whoever is awake gets him.

When I drop someone they are on waivers for 3 days and then of all the claimers, whoever is highest on the waiver list gets him. If no one claims him then he ends up in the free for all pile.

If Roger Clemens decides to unretire tomorrow and he's not in the database at all, he'll be added to the database and start out on waivers.
                              How does the order of the waiver list get determined?

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                                How does the order of the waiver list get determined?
                                The initial list is the draft order, or the reverse of the draft order, or something, and then when you claim someone you go to the back of the line. Never resets.

Comment

Working...
                                X