2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
    Bucky was pm'd. I guess he should be making his pick sometime tomorrow.
    Already picked and PM'd DJ.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Puig seemed like the guy most likely to be worth a top-2 pick when the season's over.

Perhaps you misread the rules. Strikeouts are a pitching category, not a hitting category.

Comment

I think in hindsight I was happy to pick 5th. I am happy with Kershaw. Assuming the top 4 are always going to be Trout, Miggy, Goldy and Cutch, there really isn't a clear #5. I like Kershaw even though he's a pitcher.

Chris Davis seems to be the consensus guy to go after Kershaw (or even before him) but if not for Kershaw I probably would have picked Cano.

Comment

I will be posting my pick in here once its my turn. Let me know if that's a problem.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            I will be posting my pick in here once its my turn. Let me know if that's a problem.
            No, I'm around today and can get it on MDC.

Comment

It's your turn.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Evan Longoria
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Hammer, you're up again.

Didn't think either Tulo or Ellsbury would make it to me. I'll take it from 20th spot.

Comment

Tulo at 20th, wow
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Tulo at 20th, wow
                      I'm sure it's just coincidence, and that his health issues were not a consideration.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                        I'm sure it's just coincidence, and that his health issues were not a consideration.
                        Not sure why my comment elicited a sarcastic reply.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Because we're a sarcastic bunch?
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Because we love to mess with each other.

Tulo was on my list for the third round, only because of the medical issues and where I pick in the second. I like him and don't want to put my first- or second-round curse on him.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

Jay Bruce

Comment

Jay Bruce
                                Its in

Comment

Working...
                                X