No announcement yet.

2014 Real Mock Draft Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we're still skipping Stephen, then DMT next?

Comment

• Originally posted by the heat View Post
      If we're still skipping Stephen, then DMT next?
      Yes. I've sent a PM to DMT, Pogues, and joncarlos. Stephen can make both of his picks any time.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• After kicking a** Thursday (28 picks), we've gone 19, 15, and a whopping 6 on Sunday. That's not a good trend.

mgwiz up
        silentmist on deck
        Moonlight in the hole for two

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• we need to start considering replacing Stephen or at least getting a sub while he is MIA.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Nope, I'm fine and here. I'm not MIA, I just had a very busy weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              Nope, I'm fine and here. I'm not MIA, I just had a very busy weekend.
              And you did notify us beforehand. Now the weekend is over, and...

-- William James

Comment

• sorry Stephen. I didn't realize you gave a heads up prior to the weekend.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Weapon1 View Post
                  http://y.ahoo.it/u3alsnFF

Still waiting on the last three teams to join in the Yahoo league.
                  I believe these three are Moonlight, DMT, and silentmist. That's based on the assumption that mgwizz = It's gone to the Dog. For the other 16 it is clear who owns the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    sorry Stephen. I didn't realize you gave a heads up prior to the weekend.
                    No worries man. I'm going on very little sleep. Didn't mean to come across as snippy.

So I looked at my rostered and realized how "Risk/Reward" I am with guys like Hamilton/Upton etc in key spots, so why not pick Jeter and Springer! I'm all in and hoping 70% of these guys hit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      So I looked at my rostered and realized how "Risk/Reward" I am with guys like Hamilton/Upton etc in key spots, so why not pick Jeter and Springer! I'm all in and hoping 70% of these guys hit.
                      Going for the "I told you so" win?
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• So many starting pitchers were getting taken who weren't in my top ten that I was beginning to doubt my list. Masterson ended that run.

Don't get me wrong, the ones who were getting taken were on my list, just not that high up. I looked at Sabathia and Lackey and said, "The recent numbers just don't justify..."

-- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                          So many starting pitchers were getting taken who weren't in my top ten that I was beginning to doubt my list. Masterson ended that run.

Don't get me wrong, the ones who were getting taken were on my list, just not that high up. I looked at Sabathia and Lackey and said, "The recent numbers just don't justify..."
                          I had Masterson just ahead of CC. Watching the Yankees down the stretch I kept trying to talk myself into the fact that CC was getting better, but he never did. Seeing how good he looks this off-season I tried to talk myself into it again but I'm still not convinced. Still a tough park, still has declining velocity, and still has a pretty terrible infield defense behind him.

But hey, Masterson going from 6.9 k/9 to 9.1 k/9 is totally sustainable

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                            I had Masterson just ahead of CC. Watching the Yankees down the stretch I kept trying to talk myself into the fact that CC was getting better, but he never did. Seeing how good he looks this off-season I tried to talk myself into it again but I'm still not convinced. Still a tough park, still has declining velocity, and still has a pretty terrible infield defense behind him.

But hey, Masterson going from 6.9 k/9 to 9.1 k/9 is totally sustainable
                            I fully believe that CC's decline is velocity is due to loss of weight. I think it's messed with his mechanics. It's possible he can adjust and rebound but age is also becoming a factor with him.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• after evaluating with revo whats been done so far, I am very comfortable waiting 6 or 7 rounds minimum before I select my first SP in my upcoming serps.

Comment

• I guess Pogues doesn't know Bonifacio was released.

Comment

Working...
                                X