Keep 1, Keep None??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep 1, Keep None??

16 team, mixed points league. $260 budget. We can keep as many or as few as we want. I won last year (mostly luck), and my keeper list is pretty weak. The best offensive players typically go in the 40s, up to Cabrera at 51. The best pitchers typically go about 40.

Who would you keep (if anyone)? My leanings are bold.

Belt 17
    Miguel Cabrera 51
    Dunn 15
    Choo 25
    Craig 10

Archer 5
    Estrada 10
    Lester 26
    Jordan Zimmerman 30
    Martin Perez 5
    AJ Burnett 10
    Dillon Gee 5
    Alex Wood 5

I would keep Craig and possibly Choo. I wouldn't keep Miggy.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I assume that average is one of the cats, as opposed to OBP...in which case, I would definitely keep Miggy. Choo is going to be what he always was, a 20/20 guy, WYSIWYG. Miggy is probably at value, but you simply can't replace those stats that he brings to the table.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I assume that average is one of the cats, as opposed to OBP...in which case, I would definitely keep Miggy. Choo is going to be what he always was, a 20/20 guy, WYSIWYG. Miggy is probably at value, but you simply can't replace those stats that he brings to the table.
        We get points for just about everything....it's a typical points league. This includes walks. I've been in some points league that don't give negative points for strikeouts. This league gives negative points for strikeouts.

Comment

Miguel Cabrera 51
          Choo 25
          Craig 10

Archer 5
          Estrada 10
          AJ Burnett 10 (if he doesn't retire)
          Alex Wood 5
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
            We get points for just about everything....it's a typical points league. This includes walks. I've been in some points league that don't give negative points for strikeouts. This league gives negative points for strikeouts.
            Then it's even more in Miggy's favor...Choo strikes out a LOT, and doesn't walk as much as Miggy either (other than last year).
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm in the same type of league--16 team points, so I am familiar with points vs roto values, and the depth you are dealing with. I'd keep Craig, Wood (a gamble, but I like him), and Miggy, for the reasons others have said. Miggy isn't much of a value, but your poor options should make you want to go in with as much production as possible. Also, Miggy represents the best trade chip possible if, as may be the case coming off your title, this is a down year for you. If you do have to rebuild, you could probably do so just by trading Miggy to the highest bidder.

I could also see keeping Choo and Burnett, if he doesn't retire, but I suspect folks will be down on both guys, thinking they are due for a correction. I'd bet you can get both back at cost, and if not, that means others are probably overspending on them.

Comment

I also vote for Miggy and Craig.

Several reasons already mentioned for Miggy, his production and his value as a trade chip. Burnett if he's still in like most people have mentioned. I'd consider Archer depending on what his Spring looks like.

Comment

Miguel Cabrera 51
                  Choo 25
                  Craig 10

Archer 5
                  Alex Wood 5

I'd consider Burnett, but suspect he'll retire. Choo's a slam dunk at 25 in a points league, IMO. He struck out 133 times in over 700 PAs last year, which isn't great, but in today's world, isn't bad at all. Miggy's a machine in a points league.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X