AL Keepers - pitchers galore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL Keepers - pitchers galore

10-team AL only with 3-year keepers,. Inflation usually around 15%. Top pitchers go for ~$38, top hitters for ~$40.

Coming off a victory last year, this is who I'm choosing from. Bold is what I'm leaning towards now. What can I get Cosart back for in auction? Is $25 worth it for CJ? or $20 for Lester?

1 A Donaldson, Josh(3B) OAK
    2 A Arcia, Oswaldo(OF) MIN
    7 A Brantley, Michael(OF) CLE

21 A Jennings, Desmond(OF) TB
    23 B Zobrist, Ben(2B,OF,SS) TB
    25 B Butler, Billy(1B) KC
    34 A Longoria, Evan(3B) TB
    14 A Castro, Jason(C) HOU

24 B Darvish, Yu(P) TEX
    1 B Parker, Jarrod(P) OAK
    5 A Gray, Sonny(P) OAK
    16 A Frieri, Ernesto(P) LAA
    7 A Janssen, Casey(P) TOR

20 A Lester, Jon(P) BOS
    5 A Richards, Garrett(P) LAA
    32 A Weaver, Jered(P) LAA
    25 A Wilson, C.J.(P) LAA
    12 A Cosart, Jarred(P) HOU

I'd keep Lester at 20 and Castro at 14. IMO, you'll get at value or a few bucks better out of both.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

$14 for Castro in a 10 team AL league is a keeper given the inflation rates you cited.

Comment

I'd keep Lester, on the fence about Castro. In a 10 teamer I think you can get Cosart back for a couple bucks. No to spending that kind of coin on CJ. I like Richards better than either but I don't think I'd use the spot on him.

Comment

i'm gonna buck the trend here and say i would not keep lester for $20. agree with MJ that castro is a keeper, though it depends on whether you have 1 or 2 C.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

OK, all this talk about keeping Lester or Castro, but who do I toss back to make room for them? Do Lester or Castro bump Brantley? Frieri? (closers often get over-inflated, but I am somewhat leery of him. His numbers were distorted by 1 bad outing in 2013, however.) Everyone agrees Arcia is worth using a keeper spot on at a nice $2? Castro was an endgame target for me and unfortunately another owner and I bid him up, each with too much money. Glad I got him but with better auction management I could have had him for $3-4 probably.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              i'm gonna buck the trend here and say i would not keep lester for $20. agree with MJ that castro is a keeper, though it depends on whether you have 1 or 2 C.
              Standard 2-catcher league.

Comment

ahh - didn't realize you had a limit of 8. i would not switch any from your list given that constraint.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  ahh - didn't realize you had a limit of 8. i would not switch any from your list given that constraint.
                  Same here, though I'd consider keeping Lester over Frieri. Of the eight, he's the most questionable in my view.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                  X