keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeper help

5x5, with SB-CS, R, RBI, OBA, XBA, and W, S-BS+HD/2, ERA, WHIP (counting HBP), and K.

depth of league is equivalent to an only (but we allow teams from either).

$260 at auction, inflation is usually about 25% for both pitchers and hitters. we typically have a roughly 65%/35% split hitting/pitching.

allowed to keep up to 10, but there is a total keeper salary cap, that scales with number of keepers ($100 at 5, going up to $130 at 10).

definite keepers:

Code:
    Bryce Harper        $4  B
    Eric Hosmer         $7  C
    Alex Rios           $6  C
    Jayson Werth        $18 B
    Homer Bailey        $5  C
    Dan Straily         $1  B
    on the fence with:

Code:
    Junior Lake         $1  B
    Hanley Ramirez      $30 B
    Brandon Belt        $19 B
    Jordan Zimmerman    $22 C
    Zack Greinke        $24 B
    Cs are in contract year, so i have to specify length with roughly normal salary increases.

so, anybody in my on the fence group that stands out either way for anybody? and, how long an extension for the ones in their contract year? i have my own idea right now, but don't want to bias the discussion.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

I'd do Junior Lake for a buck....I think that he's raw, but the skills are real. I think that both pitchers are about at value, so I guess that I'd keep Zimmerman in that scenario, he might get a few less K's than Greinke, but the rest of the package is awesome. And keeping Hanley would bring you to 95 bucks...maybe extend Bailey and Hosmer.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I also like Lake at buck and would keep him.

I keep Hanley and Belt. I think Belt is going to keep getting better.

If Zimm and Greinke are at value, I go with the k's and extra year of contract for the 2 bucks, so I keep Greinke.

I would extend Hosmer and Bailey one year each.

Comment

Keep Lake and Hanlley, whether I keep Belt would be based on what 1B you project being available. Since its mixed, there can an awful lot of 1B-DHs from the AL, depending on your position eligibility rules.

I'd apply the same thinking to Zimmermann and Greinke. You are basically taking yourself out of bidding on the better SPs available once you keep both, so be sure you want to do that.

Agree on extending Hosmer. At present I would take the chance that Rios has found consistency and extend him before doing so with Bailey. Bailey is a free agent next year and thus could end up pitching in the AL next year, maybe in home game in Yankee stadium next year. If he signs an extension before you must make your decision, then I would extend him too.

Comment

Working...
        X