Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer advice w/Longoria and Ellsbury

12 team roto AL only 5x5 keeper w/obp $260 cap 23 players

I'm kinda in rebuild after last year so I'm looking for some cheap guys to take in for 2014 with good potential for the next few years

My Longoria $33 good through 2015 and Ellsbury $32 through 2015
    for
    Smyly $8 2015 and H.Santiago $1 2015 and a middle reserve draft pick. Both pitchers have good K potential and should see 150+ innings as starters this year as rotation spots are theirs to lose and they are on good teams.

Thanks

I don't play in an only-league, but this haul seems kinda light.

Comment

Originally posted by price View Post
      12 team roto AL only 5x5 keeper w/obp $260 cap 23 players

I'm kinda in rebuild after last year so I'm looking for some cheap guys to take in for 2014 with good potential for the next few years

My Longoria $33 good through 2015 and Ellsbury $32 through 2015
      for
      Smyly $8 2015 and H.Santiago $1 2015 and a middle reserve draft pick. Both pitchers have good K potential and should see 150+ innings as starters this year as rotation spots are theirs to lose and they are on good teams.

Thanks
      Agree with Revo...if this is the best that you can do, wait until mid season to make a deal. Neither guy is anything more than a #4 starter, no matter what happens...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Agree with Revo...if this is the best that you can do, wait until mid season to make a deal. Neither guy is anything more than a #4 starter, no matter what happens...
        This is what else he may be willing to offer in a package or maybe include one more piece with his current offer
        Tillman $2 2014
        Cobb $5 2014
        McCallister $1 2014
        Straily $15 2015
        Reddick $10 2014
        Dozier $5 2014
        Profar $5 2015
        Brantley $11 2014
        Cain $15 2014
        L.Martin $10 2014

See any other combination that might be a fair haul for Longo and Ellsbury? Maybe another piece I could ask for to add to what he offered?
        Again, I'm looking to rebuild with some good keepers and he's going for it, but I would take both of my players he wants, into the draft.

Comment

Agree deal is too light. I'd avoid Profar for the same reasons elD listed as negatives - he's overvalued and hyped, limited speed and power upside for this year, and he'll likely cost you the moon. But I wouldn't leave a deal for those two without trying to get Cobb and Tillman. I'd probably settle for Cobb and Smyly. Or Cobb and L. Martin.

You might be sensing a pattern there.

All that said, I don't think Longo at 33 is a keeper. He hasn't sniffed $30 in value but once in five years, even in an OBP league, and that in 2010. OBP is tracking his contact rate, both are diminishing. Strikeout rate is tracking up.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

In a 12 team AL only a $32 Ellsbury is a nice keeper and not bad to build on. I wouldn't trade him for anything you have listed.

I would trade Longoria if the offer was right but I wouldn't lose sleep keeping him either. I like the $10 Leonys Martin off that list. His contract says 2014, can he be extended a year? If he can't be extended, I would then offer Longoria for Martin and Smyly with the idea of keeping Smyly and trading off Martin in season for a good keeper.

Comment

So I ended up trading $32 Longoria, $22 Gardner and $4 Ibanez for Santiago $1, Smyly $8, Reddick $10 and 2nd rnd reserve pick and kept Ellsbury out of it.

I think this was fair and I got some lower salary guys with some good upside for 2014. I'll be taking Ellsbury in at $32 and maybe Hernandez at $38 as my top salary studs and Sanchez and maybe Kazmir.

Comment

Working...
              X