Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Live Drafts: How do you do your draft board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Live Drafts: How do you do your draft board?

So I have been thinking of a way to try and improve our live in person draft board for this years draft. We run a 12 team h2h league, and over the past 6 years all we have really done is taken 4 white Bristol boards, drew some lines that could be passed off as a 1st graders, and basically just wrote our picks up on the board. A lot of the time we'd have to walk up and ask "who the hell is this" because of the bad penmanship. We run a good league, but when it comes to the draft board, it's always a last minute MacGyver project. So year I would like to put together something more organized. I have looked around the web and found a lot of customizable/reusable draft boards complete with labels etc...

My question is, what do you guys use?

Thanks,

Projector for us - we use someone's training room in an office

Comment

2 leagues, one uses a projector with the Rotolab commissioner's window projector, the other is every man for himself, no common board.
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Doesn't CBS give a free draft board with labels when you pay for their site? I know they do that for football, I forget if they do that for baseball.

Comment

projector and Google Docs.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

My 14 team league uses the white poster board (2 teams per board) and black markers for our live auction. If you don't have good penmanship, we kick you out of the league.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
              2 leagues, one uses a projector with the Rotolab commissioner's window projector, .
              This right here...never going back...

Comment

The only draft I do with a draft board in the NFBC one at the AFL, and they've got fancy stickers
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  My 14 team league uses the white poster board (2 teams per board) and black markers for our live auction. If you don't have good penmanship, we kick you out of the league.
                  And Madducks makes the boards for us!!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Switch to auction.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I would like to do an auction league. It would have to be a new league since this one (Keeper league of 5 or 6 years) wants to keep it how it is, with tweaks here and there. We've all been in the same Baseball and Football league together for a long time, and they seem to like it the way it is.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Switch to auction.

Comment

The commissioner, who is also a teacher has the worst penmanship. Sometimes I wonder how the hell the kids learn anything written on the black/white board with his writing.

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Comment

Projectors sound like a great idea. We're still stuck in old school ways. I don't think any of us can afford a projector. It's fun also to rip on someone after they go up, write their pick and announce their players.

Comment

Originally posted by Waltsanity View Post
                            I would like to do an auction league. It would have to be a new league since this one (Keeper league of 5 or 6 years) wants to keep it how it is, with tweaks here and there. We've all been in the same Baseball and Football league together for a long time, and they seem to like it the way it is.
                            Well, if you're willing to drive to scenic Canton, Ohio, in March, we could have something for you. Send me a PM if interested.
                            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                            -- William James

Comment

For my local auctions, I am the commissioner and I just print out a piece of paper for each team with their keepers and tape those to a wall in the draft room Then I give each team a different team to track and they update the wall for that team as well. It's a very old league and this is how it was done when I joined. It works pretty well but most teams have laptops and don't really need it anymore. We keep doing it cause it's a good way to make sure everyone is on the same page as to how much each player was bought for.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X