• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    you asked for it!

KEN GURNICK, Dodgers beat reporter
    Morris

"Morris has flaws -- a 3.90 ERA, for example. But he gets my vote for more than a decade of ace performance that included three 20-win seasons, Cy Young Award votes in seven seasons and Most Valuable Player Award votes in five. As for those who played during the period of PED use, I won't vote for any of them."

and here I thought Morris's Game 7 shutout was in 1991, during the Canseco-McGwire era. since this apparently was not during the period of PED use, am surprised he didn't vote for McGwire too!
    Ken Gurnick is a complete moron. Morris over Maddux? Wow...stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Ken Gurnick is a complete moron. Morris over Maddux? Wow...stupid is as stupid does, I suppose.
      Not just a complete moron, but so clueless and arrogant that he'd actually proudly publish this utter garbage.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Not just a complete moron, but so clueless and arrogant that he'd actually proudly publish this utter garbage.
        Revoking his privilege is the only hope of getting through to others who might consider something this stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Anyone who does not vote Maddux in on first ballot should have their voting privileges revoked for life. They're simply too stupid to be entrusted with a vote.

Agree 100%
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

With the numbers of voters, there will always be a handful that use their vote as a soapbox. The way to get the most noise from that soapbox is not by who you vote for, but by who you don't vote for, it's Maddux this year, will be Mariano in a few years. These people try to make themselves more important than their vote.
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I ranted again.... http://jasoncollette.com/2014/01/08/net-worthless/

Comment

Vroom....vroom...Gentlemen start your outrage...
                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Maddux, Glavine & Thomas elected.

Comment

Biggio was two votes short.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Biggio falls 2 short because fucking asswipes like Chass & Noble "suspect" he was a steroid user & don't vote for him or Gurnick thinks everyone after 92 was a roid user and doesn't vote for him.

These assholes treat the ballot as some kind of burden and then blast LeBetard for selling his ballot to Deadspin to fill out when that Deadspin ballot is fantastic.

The 3 that were put in today give us FIVE players born after 1960 in the hall of fame: Alomar, Larkin, Thomas, Glavine, and Maddux. That's it. Out of the 2,656 players that have played MLB baseball that were born from 1961-1970, 0.0019% of them are no hall of famers.

Comment

Originally posted by moonlight j View Post
                        biggio falls 2 short because fucking asswipes like chass & noble "suspect" he was a steroid user & don't vote for him or gurnick thinks everyone after 92 was a roid user and doesn't vote for him.

These assholes treat the ballot as some kind of burden and then blast lebetard for selling his ballot to deadspin to fill out when that deadspin ballot is fantastic.

The 3 that were put in today give us five players born after 1960 in the hall of fame: Alomar, larkin, thomas, glavine, and maddux. That's it. Out of the 2,656 players that have played mlb baseball that were born from 1961-1970, 0.0019% of them are no hall of famers.

awesome
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Jason, you need to quit holding back and tell us what you really think!

Comment

I'm surprised Glavine made it in so easily, yet Moose only got 20% of the vote. Mussina has a better ERA+, WHIP, K/BB, but Glavine has those mythical things like more 20-win seasons, 300+ wins (but only 35 more than Mussina) and a couple of Cy Youngs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I'm surprised Glavine made it in so easily, yet Moose only got 20% of the vote. Mussina has a better ERA+, WHIP, K/BB, but Glavine has those mythical things like more 20-win seasons, 300+ wins (but only 35 more than Mussina) and a couple of Cy Youngs.
                              Exactly the discussion I had at work today. Exactly.
                              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

The 3 that were put in today give us FIVE players born after 1960 in the hall of fame: Alomar, Larkin, Thomas, Glavine, and Maddux. That's it. Out of the 2,656 players that have played MLB baseball that were born from 1961-1970, 0.0019% of them are no hall of famers.
                                "Aw, you can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that."

-Homer Simpson-

Comment

Working...
                                X