Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanaka to be posted!

Where will he land?

Apparently you can edit a post not the actual poll, sorry for the spelling, it's Tanaka, not the little known utility man Manaka
    New York Yankees
    0%
    Los Angles Dodgers
    0%
    Los Angeles Angels
    0%
    Chicago Cubs
    0%
    Texas Rangers
    0%
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    0%
    Rest of Field
    0%

The poll is expired.

Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Angels

Comment

I voted for the Cubs because I think they are willing to outbid the competition but I cannot factor in what Tanaka is interested in. If Tanaka is looking to play for an immediate contender he certainly will not sign with the Cubs but rather The Dodgers, Yankees or Rangers.

Comment

Based on history of spending, he must go to the Yankee's.

If he does, they are looking like a playoff contender for the 25th or so year in a row...

Comment

He winds up where he is needed least.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I voted the Rangers as I can imagine he'd feel very comfortable on a roster with Darvish as his pitching companion on a team that should rival any next year if he joins.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
              I voted the Rangers as I can imagine he'd feel very comfortable on a roster with Darvish as his pitching companion on a team that should rival any next year if he joins.
              True. Having other Spanish speakers has helped many Hispanic players. I see no reason it would not apply to Japan. That said, I am not sure how much impact that will have.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I think Seattle wins the bidding...he'll be able to live in a comfortable environment in the NW, and have little pressure right off the bat. Who even knows if he likes/gets along with Darvish, or Iwakuma for that matter? I think it's going to end up being a comfort fit, because everyone is going to be there with the cash...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
                  The Yanks have Kuroda & the Cubs have Wada; but like J said, not sure how much impact another Japanese player on the team has historically had.

I'm gonna go with "the rest of the field." I think an out of nowhere team wins him. Seattle? The Mets?

Comment

I voted for Arizona, but have a feeling it could be either of the teams revo named. The only one in the poll I'm thinking is out of it is Texas, which just spent so much on Choo.

I want it to not be the Yankees. Their fans are so CUTE when their team doesn't get the player the fans want.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

I assume that multiple teams will bid the $20 million max fee, but I am unsure of the rest of the steps in the process.

Do all of the teams that posted $20 million get to make Tanaka an offer, or does he pick one team from that group first and then that one team makes him an offer?

If it is the option where multi teams are making offers, can Tanaka can decide on which offer he likes best, or does the highest dollar offer win?

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                        I assume that multiple teams will bid the $20 million max fee, but I am unsure of the rest of the steps in the process.

Do all of the teams that posted $20 million get to make Tanaka an offer, or does he pick one team from that group first and then that one team makes him an offer?

If it is the option where multi teams are making offers, can Tanaka can decide on which offer he likes best, or does the highest dollar offer win?
                        Yes, all teams that bid the max amount can negotiate w him and he can choose whichever of those teams he wants. You would think that Japanese players would prefer to go to teams that already have a player from Japan, but this hasnt seemed to be a factor so far, except for Munenori Kawasaki who specifically wanted to play w Ichiro. Wherever he goes, he'll have a team of interpreters and there'll be a bevy of Japanese press following him too, so that should ease the culture shock.

Comment

I think it will be the Cubs. They've got the resources and more young hitting than pitching; and they presumably want to get serious starting in 2015.

My bet is they also won't mind the bidding war that the other big market teams are going to bring. There's going to be national press with this signing, and that's worth more to the Cubs than teams like the Astros or Twins.
                          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Voted for Cubs as well. I think this is a move they need to make and one can only hope!!!!

Comment

I think the Dodgers spend what it takes to get him. They have nearly unlimited funds, have already worked with Tanaka's agent, and if Tanaka is half as good as advertised, gives them an incredible rotation.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X