Looks like Tanaka won't be posted after all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Tanaka won't be posted after all

The Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka has said he wants to pitch in Major League Baseball next season, but his team reportedly will not permit him to depart.

I expect the David Price trade rumors to pick up even more now

I expect Yankee fans to line up to jump off the Brooklyn bridge...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/sp...f=sports&_r=1&

I expect the David Price trade rumors to pick up even more now
      Would the Rays trade Price in their own division if the Yanks came calling? I'm just trying to look for every option out there since I don't want the M's to give up Walker for Price.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
        Would the Rays trade Price in their own division if the Yanks came calling? I'm just trying to look for every option out there since I don't want the M's to give up Walker for Price.
        I don't think they would, and I can't even imagine what the Yankees could offer them since their farm system sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
          Nope, never. Friedman hasn't made a trade within the division in the competitive era. The Yankees don't have the talent the Rays would want anyhow.

Comment

I heard Tim Kurkjian on XM this morning, and he still expects Price to be traded to the Dodgers. They match up well in terms of prospects to offer and money for Price, although I still don't see the urgency to deal Price since he's still 2 years away from free agency...probably something to do with potential injuries.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              For what it's worth, MLBTraderumors is refusing to say that he's not going to be posted yet:
              Could be just a ruse to get somebody to pony up enough so they don't feel like they are getting screwed with the
              new posting rule limit of 20M.

Comment

Working...
              X