Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joba to the Tigers

1 yr, $2.5m

Good deal for both-- gives Joba a chance to redeem himself away from the idiocy of the Yankee pitching development regime and gives the Tigers a potentially good reliever with something to prove and a good K rate on a cheap-o contract. I have to say, though, that I was hoping a no-hope team like Houston would take him and give him a shot at returning to the rotation.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Do they have midges in Detroit?

Comment

$2.5 million dollar arm, 10 cent head.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
          Good deal for both-- gives Joba a chance to redeem himself away from the idiocy of the Yankee pitching development regime and gives the Tigers a potentially good reliever with something to prove and a good K rate on a cheap-o contract. I have to say, though, that I was hoping a no-hope team like Houston would take him and give him a shot at returning to the rotation.
          One thing at a time, Bob. Make the team, then prove yourself in the bullpen, THEN maybe be considered for the rotation IF a spot opens up. At this point, Joba is probably happy to have a job other than perhaps as a trampoline salesman.

EDIT TO ADD: Other than that, I agree with you. Comparatively low risk signing for Detroit, and a comparatively low-pressure environment for Chamberlain to reestablish himself.
          Last edited by Don Quixote; 12-13-2013, 01:01 PM.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Working...
          X