Trumbo Traded to D'Backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I'd take Trumbo years before Eaton. Eaton has to be the most overrated minor leaguer around. He's a AAAA player, IMO
    I think questioning Easton is very reasonable. A short guy with no power and a good eye can draw a good OBP in the minors. Ezequiel Carrera
    is a specific example - he was terrific in the difficult Southern League in 2009 at age 22 - .440 OBP with 59 BB and 62 K. The problem was once he got high enough, pitchers suddenly had the combo of control and stuff. He's been a nice 4th OF, but the ceiling has probably been revealed.

By comparison, José Altuve kept his minors isoPower above .150, showing he could do something with a pitch than came in fast and over the strike zone.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      I think questioning Easton is very reasonable. A short guy with no power and a good eye can draw a good OBP in the minors. Ezequiel Carrera
      is a specific example - he was terrific in the difficult Southern League in 2009 at age 22 - .440 OBP with 59 BB and 62 K. The problem was once he got high enough, pitchers suddenly had the combo of control and stuff. He's been a nice 4th OF, but the ceiling has probably been revealed.

By comparison, José Altuve kept his minors isoPower above .150, showing he could do something with a pitch than came in fast and over the strike zone.
      Are you're saying that OBP in the minors may be overrated? You're going to be in big trouble with some of the sabermetric folks for saying such heretical things.

(For the record--I appreciate OBP, but I still hold that a hit is more important than a walk and always has been.)
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Working...
      X