No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revere sitting again for third day in a row. Is he worth picking up, or is he so deep in Phils dog house? 12 team mixed.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• If it's NL-only and you're desperate for steals, it's worth a shot. In a shallower league, I wouldn't bother. He and Herrera are basically the same player and it appears management likes Herrera better.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Doesn't seem to be a Herrera vs. Revere thing since they both started along side each other to start the year. To me it seemed that Sandberg wanted to send a message to Revere and today's showing (steal, move up on a fly ball, score on a sharp grounder, then get a double of your own) will be enough to get himself out of the doghouse. It's downright idiotic that he's being punished when guys like Ryan Howard, Darin Ruf, and Jeff Francoeur are getting starts ahead of him.

Comment

• The phillies are in rebuild mode. It's important to get guys like sizemore and francoeur at bats to see where they fit into the future of this club.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The biggest problem with Revere is that he's a pretty crappy real life ballplayer. He can hit for average, but doesn't walk, keeping his OBP in a place where he doesn't belong at the top of the order. He can catch the ball, but he can't throw, so keeping him anywhere but left field makes him a defensive liability. He's got one skill, speed, and that's a hell of a lot more valuable in fantasy than real life. He's essentially Jerrod Dyson with a little better bat and less defensive skills...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              The phillies are in rebuild mode. It's important to get guys like sizemore and francoeur at bats to see where they fit into the future of this club.
              This is a hilarious post. I laughed out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                It's downright idiotic that he's being punished when guys like Ryan Howard, Darin Ruf, and Jeff Francoeur are getting starts ahead of him.
                Fair enough, but I think Ruf is misplaced on your list. He's young enough (28) to still have a few years of productivity to a club and he probably needs another 250 abs to get a real read on who he is. Howard and Francoeur are just hanging on to the fraying ends of what's left of their lives as big leaguers. Ruf has a small chance to actually carve something out for himself. So, while I'm not entirely high on his chances, I do think he could be a decent stopgap at 1B, until they can get rebuilt.

Comment

The phillies are in rebuild mode. It's important to get guys like sizemore and francoeur at bats to see where they fit into the future of this club.
                  I wouldn't be shocked if players like David DeJesus and Dan Uggla were high on Amaro's list of targets.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I wouldn't be shocked if players like David DeJesus and Dan Uggla were high on Amaro's list of targets.
                    Those guys battle and give you a professional at bat every time they step to the plate.

Comment

Those guys battle and give you a professional at bat every time they step to the plate.
                      That should have been followed by a groin shot smiley, if we have one....
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Ouch! Heyelander, you really nailed that one. Just the sort of claptrap that old school guys like Amaro Jr. (and apparently Dave Stewart) might say.

Comment

• Can Utley be done? How has he looked Phillie fans? or are just all of them bad right now?

Comment

• Utley grounds weakly to 2nd--a lot. You have to hope some warm weather gets him going, or it's just over.
                            OTOH, Freddy Galvis actually has confidence and a .340 BA plus he is a beast defender. Maybe?!!!
                            Bearin' up!

Comment

• Dom Brown sent down to AAA at the end of his rehab instead of rejoining the phillies. Phillies still trying to figure out what they have in Jeff Francour and Grady Sizemore. Apparently their scouts have taken the last 10 years off and they are still using reports from 2005. Very excited about these kids.

Comment

Dom Brown sent down to AAA at the end of his rehab instead of rejoining the phillies. Phillies still trying to figure out what they have in Jeff Francour and Grady Sizemore. Apparently their scouts have taken the last 10 years off and they are still using reports from 2005. Very excited about these kids.
                                Well, in the Phillies' defense, they are "The Natural" & "without a doubt one of the Greatest Players of Our Generation"

Comment

Working...
                                X