No announcement yet.

2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giles left today's game with an undisclosed injury...someone talk me off the ledge.

Comment

• Guh. I was hoping this thread got bumped because of a Papelbon trade.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Ugh, tell me about it. I'm heavily invested in Giles.

Comment

• Ken Giles was lifted from Tuesday's Grapefruit League game after experiencing pain in his back.
          The discomfort was in the mid-to-lower part of the 24-year-old right-hander's back. Giles had a terrific rookie season in 2014 and had been pitching well this spring. He expects to be fine for Opening Day.
          Source: Ryan Lawrence on Twitter
          Mar 31 - 4:24 PM
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Proof that not every Cuban defector can be Yasiel Puig: Philadelphia announced that righty Miguel Gonzalez has been outrighted off of the 40-man.

Comment

• Odubel Herrera is going to possibly bat 2nd and start in CF. Cheap steals source.

Comment

• Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                Odubel Herrera is going to possibly bat 2nd and start in CF. Cheap steals source.
                trying to get a read on this guy. he was a Rule 5, correct? are the Phils going to ride it out and see what he can offer them since they have nothing else to lose? is he moved when Brown comes back, or is Sizemore gone? are they looking to move Utley and will move him to 2b once he's traded?

i know there's a lot of questions in Philly right now, but i'm trying to figure out how much they like this kid there.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbroyer View Post
                  trying to get a read on this guy. he was a Rule 5, correct? are the Phils going to ride it out and see what he can offer them since they have nothing else to lose? is he moved when Brown comes back, or is Sizemore gone? are they looking to move Utley and will move him to 2b once he's traded?

i know there's a lot of questions in Philly right now, but i'm trying to figure out how much they like this kid there.
                  I have to think they like him more than any of the non Revere/Brown guys. I would expect him to play over Grady, Francouer, etc. Maybe they do want him to go back to 2B when Utley is moved. I think they just want to see what they've got. His biggest competition for PT might be Asche moving to OF and Franco coming up to play 3B in a couple months.

Comment

• Originally posted by redbroyer View Post

Apparently they're trying to trade Revere, so my guess is that they like Herrera a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Apparently they're trying to trade Revere, so my guess is that they like Herrera a lot.
                      I guess not so much, as he's already been benched.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        I guess not so much, as he's already been benched.
                        Likely playing Revere to build up trade value. Hardly gives them leverage if he is riding the pine.

On a more important note, I still think "Odubel" makes for a great baseball name. Every time he gets a two-bagger, the phans should shout "Oh Double!" (when they're not busy throwing batteries that is).

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Likely playing Revere to build up trade value. Hardly gives them leverage if he is riding the pine.

On a more important note, I still think "Odubel" makes for a great baseball name. Every time he gets a two-bagger, the phans should shout "Oh Double!" (when they're not busy throwing batteries that is).
                          Sounds like Herrera was hurting from fouling a ball off his foot.

Comment

• Is Ryan Howard stick a fork in done? He just hit WW in a deep mixed league.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              Is Ryan Howard stick a fork in done? He just hit WW in a deep mixed league.

J
                              I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

Comment

• Ryan Howard for Sam Fuld. Who'da thunk it?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X