X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
    What is the latest on Hamels?
    Are they still looking to shop him?
    Will the losers in the Scherzer stakes be the likely destinations?
    They're shopping him but RAJ will only trade him for 7 elite prospects. I think the teams in on Scherzer would love to be in on Hamels but they don't have the prospects or don't want to move them (Yankees, Tigers, Dodgers who don't want to deal Seager/Urias, Red Sox who don't want to move Mookie/Xander, etc)

Comment

I have no idea what to expect from the front office, because there is an internal power struggle amongst ownership going on right now.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Phils have reportedly signed Chad Billingsley.

Was kinda hoping he'd resign with the Dodgers --- I always thought highly of the kid, despite the persistent arm troubles.
        Good move-local boy, little risk, bit of upside.

Comment

woohoo, were #122
          So it’s open season on the burgundy and gold. Which is why I was not at all surprised to flip through ESPN the Magazine’s “Great Analytics Rankings” this week — which attempt to assess how every MLB, NBA, NFL and NHL franchise deals with advanced metrics — and find the Redskins near the very, very bottom.

The magazine has the Philadelphia Phillies ranked 122nd out of 122 teams, the New York Knicks ranked 121st, and your Redskins ranked 120th, meaning last in the NFL.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Philly still asking for major prospects AND the team has to pay $24 million a year for the remainder of the contract.

So many very good starting pitchers hitting the market in November, a few of them are sure to be available mid season + Hamels could perform poorly or get injured, what is Philadelphia doing ??

Comment

So?

$24M is his going rate. They would have to roughly pay that for any pitcher as good as Hamels..... So the question is what will you ( they ) give up to make the trade happen? Personally I hope some other team makes the deal so I don't have to worry about the Phillies making the Red Sox better. I hate the Red Sox and Yankeees. I hope he goes anywhere other than those 2 teams.

Comment

Oof:

The Philadelphia Phillies lost to the University of Tampa Sunday, 6-2, in an exhibition game.

According to the Tampa Spartans website, this is the first NCAA team to topple an MLB opponent in the spring since 2011, when the University of Miami took down the Marlins.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Oof:

The Philadelphia Phillies lost to the University of Tampa Sunday, 6-2, in an exhibition game.

According to the Tampa Spartans website, this is the first NCAA team to topple an MLB opponent in the spring since 2011, when the University of Miami took down the Marlins.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...i-college-team
                  A game in which the Phils played no regulars, most of whom aren't very good to begin with, so imagine how bad the guys they played must be.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    A game in which the Phils played no regulars, most of whom aren't very good to begin with, so imagine how bad the guys they played must be.
                    Yep. A few decent Phils played (Ruf, Aumont, etc.) but losing to a Division II team by 4 runs has to be embarrassing. At least for a few days until everyone forgets it ever happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                      So?

$24M is his going rate. They would have to roughly pay that for any pitcher as good as Hamels..... So the question is what will you ( they ) give up to make the trade happen? Personally I hope some other team makes the deal so I don't have to worry about the Phillies making the Red Sox better. I hate the Red Sox and Yankeees. I hope he goes anywhere other than those 2 teams.
                      Why would a team pay the going rate for a 5 year, $100 million dollar plus contract AND give up top prospects ? This demand is why the Phillies are ***stuck with hamels until they lower their demands.

***yes, stuck. Hamels value is never going up and if he gets injured like c.lee, while, who knows which decade the phils return to a playoff contender. In the mean time, with or without hamels, they are a 70 win team.

Comment

• Lee has continued soreness in his elbow.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Yep. A few decent Phils played (Ruf, Aumont, etc.) but losing to a Division II team by 4 runs has to be embarrassing. At least for a few days until everyone forgets it ever happened.
                          I know the Phillies suck, but calling aumount a decent phillie is insulting to anyone in the team with any talent.

Comment

• Larry Greene Jr retires...

Comment

• Jerome Williams Scratched from his latest start with a pulled hamstring...

Williams was set to be the number three pitcher in a bad Phillies rotation. When Cliff Lee went to the 60-day-DL, he was slated to be the number two pitcher in an awful Phillies rotation. And with the specter of a Cole Hamels trade, he even had the chance to be the ace of a Phillies rotation that could be brought up on war crimes at the Hague.

Comment

• Franco was one of the phillies demotions today.

Comment

Working...
                                X