2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Hard to imagine they would keep him on the bench that much. Do you think they are that committed to Hernandez and Franco that they keep Kingery on the bench? I'd expect him to play pretty regularly.
    Well Hernandez is actually a good hitter. Last two seasons .294 BA OBP .372. in over 1000 AB. Wouldn't you want that player starting most if not 150 games. Now Franco has been a disappointment and having Kingery starting games over him would make sense. Even starting at SS maybe a game or 2 a week to get his bat in the line-up but Crawford is a good defensive SS so the Phillies should want that glove starting most of the time. The OF you have Hoskins, Herrera, Williams and Altherr so I don't see too many starts there. Unless they are going to trade either Hernandez or Franco it is murky to me on the regular AB. Moving Franco might make the most sense and perhaps that is where they are headed but only speculation my part. Also we all seem to think that Kingery is going to step in a be a star from game one. Not saying he won't but even the great ones struggle at first. What if Franco somehow gets off to a hot start and Kingery struggles at the plate? That is why I said 300-350 AB but that can easily change.

Comment

• We have our NL only auction this weekend. I think half of us will think he goes for way too much and the other half will bid like madmen. In the end I think he'll be hard pressed to earn his cost this year.

Comment

• Committing that kind of money and years wasn't just to buy out his Super-2 year--it was to play him and get him AB's somewhere pretty much every day. He is a very impressive kid, much like Hoskins in terms of maturity and baseball IQ. He will play a lot. And, think of all the flexibility he will give your roster! He is also a fine defensive player, good instincts. Granted, he must learn nuances of positions other than 2B, but he has covered them very well this spring. Kid is a comer. I was one reserve pick away from getting him in our draft this past Sunday, so I consoled myself by taking Sixto Sanchez instead.
        Bearin' up!

Comment

• Interesting that the odd man out of the OF on opening day is Odubel. And this is against a crappy RHP. Not a good sign for him.

Comment

• With Kingery up, they have 7 guys for 5 positions - Hoskins and Santana will play every day, and someone else will catch, but otherwise 2B, SS, 3B and 2 OF spots are up for grabs every day.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I love it despite owning Neris, but wow, he got the turn of the screw today. Swinging bunt single, bunt to second, shallow pop out from Albies, the obvious intentional walk (Freddie), and one bad pitch among about 15 of them costs him 3 ER and a loss. Such is the life of a closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                With Kingery up, they have 7 guys for 5 positions - Hoskins and Santana will play every day, and someone else will catch, but otherwise 2B, SS, 3B and 2 OF spots are up for grabs every day.
                And through two days, Kingery has played 3B and SS. Great for Kingery owners, kind of messy for everyone else!

Comment

• Kapler must have got really PO'd at Velasquez. Went out to yank him in the third and motioned to the bullpen. Problem was, no one was warming up or had warmed up. Apparently Phil stalled to let Milner warm up (took longer than 2 minutes =TV time commercial) then Milner went to the mound and took his warmups. MLB rules state if you can't get to the mound within 2 minutes then you don't get your warm up pitches. Atl manager raised hell and got thrown out the game. Didn't really matter since Phil played the worst game I have ever seen, so many mistakes. Anyway thought it was funny the manager yanked the starting pitcher without realizing or knowing that no one was ready to take the mound.

Comment

• Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                    Kapler must have got really PO'd at Velasquez. Went out to yank him in the third and motioned to the bullpen. Problem was, no one was warming up or had warmed up. Apparently Phil stalled to let Milner warm up (took longer than 2 minutes =TV time commercial) then Milner went to the mound and took his warmups. MLB rules state if you can't get to the mound within 2 minutes then you don't get your warm up pitches. Atl manager raised hell and got thrown out the game. Didn't really matter since Phil played the worst game I have ever seen, so many mistakes. Anyway thought it was funny the manager yanked the starting pitcher without realizing or knowing that no one was ready to take the mound.
                    Sound like Milner was SUPPOSED to be warming up, but wasn't. Kapler just said about 10 times in the same interview that there was a "miscommunication." Kapler's getting obliterated by fans and the media and it's only game #3. It's so bad that at this point I actually feel bad for him.

Comment

• So I believe with today's start in RF that Kingery will have gained 4-position eligibility in 10 games (in my league at least, which is 2 GP to gain eligibility for the season).

Comment

• write-up on projected plate appearances for the offense...

How can the Phillies get enough playing time for 9 starting-quality players in 7 spots? By doing exactly what they’re doing.

Code:
                        NAME	        PA	PA proj	PA %	OPS
                        Cesar Hernandez	64	740	12%	0.853
                        Carlos Santana	63	729	12%	0.581
                        Rhys Hoskins	57	659	11%	1.055
                        Odubel Herrera	54	625	10%	0.817
                        Scott Kingery	54	625	10%	0.855
                        Maikel Franco	44	509	8%	0.769
                        Aaron Altherr	42	486	8%	0.464
                        J.P. Crawford	41	474	8%	0.620
                        Jorge Alfaro	36	417	7%	0.618
                        Nick Williams	35	405	7%	0.739
                        Andrew Knapp	24	278	5%	0.482
                        Pedro Florimon	10	116	2%	0.633
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I had been leery about overpaying for Kingery. I thought our league would grossly overpay at auction, but in the end I got him for $14 which I felt good about.

Couple weeks in I feel even better. He's playing regularly and multi-position of course. Showing pop and speed. Kind of a young Zobrist (?) with a higher ceiling. I can't help but think that he also reminds me of Lenny Dykstra without the baggage.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                            I had been leery about overpaying for Kingery. I thought our league would grossly overpay at auction, but in the end I got him for $14 which I felt good about.

Couple weeks in I feel even better. He's playing regularly and multi-position of course. Showing pop and speed. Kind of a young Zobrist (?) with a higher ceiling. I can't help but think that he also reminds me of Lenny Dykstra without the baggage.
                            Nah, even w/o the baggage, Dykstra was nuts. This kid is remarkably mature and responsible. He is of similar build and hustles all the time, but that's about it. Kingery seems to have more talent by far.
                            Bearin' up!

Comment

• Originally posted by scottw View Post
                              Nah, even w/o the baggage, Dykstra was nuts. This kid is remarkably mature and responsible. He is of similar build and hustles all the time, but that's about it. Kingery seems to have more talent by far.
                              Baggage would include the nuts. Built like him and same number, etc.

Zobrist tho is a better comparison. I'm sure the Phils would be pleased with that type of career.

Comment

• I'm happy with Kingery at $2. He has an excellent chance at ROY. It will be fun watching him.

Comment

Working...
                                X