Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    I wonder who this is bad news for: Franco, Crawford or Hernandez
    It's bad news for me as the holder of the #1 minor league pick in my NL only... Pitbull bought him for 2 bucks at the auction, but he had to make the big club.

My own sadness aside, I'm guessing that Franco is down to his last chance...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I'm guessing something like 2 starts a week at 2B, 1 at 3B, 1 at SS, 1 in the OF. Unless they don't think his defense at SS is up to snuff yet in which case they could probably shift Hernandez to SS when Crawford gets his days off. Essentially, he'll be in the lineup more often than not.

Edit: Of course this can change if any of Franco, Crawford, or Hernandez has an extended slump in which case he would be the primary guy at said position (assuming he's still hitting well)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        It's bad news for me as the holder of the #1 minor league pick in my NL only... Pitbull bought him for 2 bucks at the auction, but he had to make the big club.

My own sadness aside, I'm guessing that Franco is down to his last chance...
        Best pick ever. Sometimes the Da Dawg gets the bone.

Comment

• $2. Wow.

What do you think he goes for in only leagues now? 15? 20? 25?

Comment

• BTW, Todd Zola, your tout team is looking better every day. Impressive showing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Best pick ever. Sometimes the Da Dawg gets the bone.
              You're lucky I ran out of cash to chase him...I would have gone to 4 to cover my pick.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                $2. Wow.

What do you think he goes for in only leagues now? 15? 20? 25?
                He went for $15 in my 12-team NL-only a week ago although if it was known he’d be in the majors all year he probably would’ve gone for $20+.

In my 11-team NL-only I got to keep him for $5 😎

Comment

• He should be a fine player in time, but I think the euphoria is a bit overblown right now for fantasy purposes.

He's a very impressive young guy, very mature and bright, great attitude. He's a gem for the organization and the city. I totally get why the team is sold on him, but, for fantasy he shouldn't be full price just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    He should be a fine player in time, but I think the euphoria is a bit overblown right now for fantasy purposes.

He's a very impressive young guy, very mature and bright, great attitude. He's a gem for the organization and the city. I totally get why the team is sold on him, but, for fantasy he shouldn't be full price just yet.
                    That’s my thinking too. But I think I can toss him early to soak up some $$. Maybe he’s worth 15. But someone will surely pay $20+.

Comment

• For my team, I'm just glad he can hold down a slot. It frees a bench slot for Willie Calhoun. Next year, more will be expected.

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see if Kingery's defense plays.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Kingery went for $13 in my 14 team mixed with $300 budget.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wow. What did Ozzie Albies go for? He's a $13ish unproven player.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• He went for $18 (I went to $17, which was my top bid) in our 12-team NL only live auction on Sunday.

Comment

• If he had a position where he plays everyday he goes into the 20s. Right now it is hard to predict how many AB he will get. I'm thinking somewhere 300-350.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                If he had a position where he plays everyday he goes into the 20s. Right now it is hard to predict how many AB he will get. I'm thinking somewhere 300-350.
                                Hard to imagine they would keep him on the bench that much. Do you think they are that committed to Hernandez and Franco that they keep Kingery on the bench? I'd expect him to play pretty regularly.

Comment

Working...
                                X