2K24: Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    wow. any window to pick up Velasquez just closed.
    Drafted him in just about every league i am in.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• I had him listed as one of the players to get at the end of the draft. Just didn't work out to get him.

Comment

• Sweet mother of mercy, I know the Padres are bad, but a 16-K, 3-hit shutout?!?!

Comment

• I overpaid for him in my high-inflation NL but liking the returns so far

Comment

• Rule 5 RP Danial Stumpf suspended 80 games for PEDs. I thought maybe Andrew Bailey might get the call and be a bad outing or two away from being the next phillies closer but it looks like no.

Lefty Elvis Araujo has been yanked up from Lehigh Valley to fill the bullpen void. He has appeared in one game so far for the IronPigs, throwing 1.1 innings striking out two, walking one, and getting the save. This is after a sad spring in which he allowed five earned runs in 5.2 innings.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Sweet mother of mercy, I know the Padres are bad, but a 16-K, 3-hit shutout?!?!
              It's rumored that the Brewers are opening a new promotion for when the Pads come to town. It'll be called "Narcolepsy Night".
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                it's rumored that the brewers are opening a new promotion for when the pads come to town. It'll be called "narcolepsy night".
                roflmao
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Charlie Morton done for the year with torn hamstring. News that only matters for those in deep NL-only leagues.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Brett Oberholtzer has allowed an astounding EIGHT HRs in just 14 IP. That's 5.1 HR/9!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Brett Oberholtzer has allowed an astounding EIGHT HRs in just 14 IP. That's 5.1 HR/9!
                      Oberholtzer means "above the woods" in german....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• That explains the HRs. Maybe he should his name or try another position.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          They could both be starting for a small market team, but 2-3 years from now I think hernandez is a supersub getting 3 games a week split between 2nd, OF and SS in a pinch. Herrera... 4th OF? I have to hope Quinn, Tocci, or best of all Williams is the CF at that time and I don't think Odubal should be playing a corner position.
                          We all thought this guy might be a cheap source for speed - OH - not so far - will that change?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Brett Oberholtzer has allowed an astounding EIGHT HRs in just 14 IP. That's 5.1 HR/9!
                            "Hi, Brett, this is, Nolan. I was wondering if you were busy A-S weekend, uh, theres this HR contest I think I'm in, and, uh..."

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              We all thought this guy might be a cheap source for speed - OH - not so far - will that change?
                              which one? Hernandez is about what I thought... man, I missed the boat on Herrera though. Dude looks legit.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• JP Crawford promoted to AAA.
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X