F. Galvis SS
    D. Ruf LF
    R. Howard 1B
    J. Francoeur RF
    C. Hernandez 2B
    C. Asche 3B
    C. Rupp C

Woof.
    that may be a .500 AAA team, but probably not.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Is Hamels still a top 15 starter?
      top 20?

or how about on another team?

I need thoughts about acquiring him in a trade

Comment

• It's not uncommon for him to start slowly. He won't help much in wins until traded, but he's a buy-low opportunity if you need help in ERA, WHIP and K.
        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Ryan Howard may not be en fuego yet, but he has 6 HR in 15 games. BA is ..234 for the season, but .295 the last two weeks.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Hamels a little wild so far, but 46 K in 44 IP. HQ projects him with 22nd-best ERA among MLB SP going forward, so he's right at your estimation really. I'd be fairly bullish especially if you get any "his team sucks" discount. doesn't always affect a good SP's Ws anyway, and he could get traded soon to a better situation.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Franco was called up today.

Comment

• Ruben Amaro trades for Jayson Nix, hoping to see what this hot-shot youngster can do.

Comment

• AAA filler to play 3B after Franco was promoted.... really sad, especially after last year's all college player draft that there is no one who they could promote from within.

Comment

• Domonic Brown recalled, Darin Ruf demoted

Comment

• My opinion of Cole Hamels just went up a couple of ticks:

Loved it...
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• totally depends on Hamels' relationship with the media and how long the prank lasted.

hard to believe, but this is an actual professional working environment.

so if someone pulled the fire alarm at an office, and it was taken so seriously that work product was lost in the scramble, that would not be treated as funny and someone would eat a shit sandwich. in this case, there is a risk of an actual viral public frenzy that gets away from even the Phillies.

for those of you, almost everyone, who don't put out public information in real time - as your competitors do - you have no idea what you are talking about. the quick screenshot suggests a reasonable scramble, but this is a clueless athlete.

that said, this bit could have played out with us 25 years ago, pre-internet, we'd have scrambled, no way to get it out to the public, then a confession - and all in good fun. but not anymore. doesn't seem malicious, but it was amazingly ignorant of the era.

as noted in the link, the writers can all spread an inaccurate rumor about him on an off-day, he starts scrambling - and then the joke is on him.

wrong era, sorry

anyone who still likes it, list your occupation and what similar real-time, publicly noticed scramble for you would be as amusing. or stand down.

again, I get that Hamels was just being playful. but he was also ignorant and clueless, as I explained. I do look forward to the details I will read about equally public pranks in other fields of posters that are just as entertaining.

I will not hold my breath, however, just because.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Oh come on Jude, that's funny. And you know who loves funny pranks? The Dodgers

Comment

• I'm in the media...and that's damn funny stuff. This guy has heard about being moved for about 2 years now, and finally did something to take a pretty subtle jab at those who've been talking that up all this time. A totally harmless prank, and a clever one...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              That's hilarious!
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                                Oh come on Jude, that's funny. And you know who loves funny pranks? The Dodgers
                                can someone in the media make a joke about him being traded, to the point where Hamels' family gets all agitated because of the apparent new location where he is moving? now THAT would be hilarious. if not, why not? or all players not professionals?

and as I said - and it's an enormous distinction - 20 years ago, VERY different story. then it's all inside the clubhouse stuff, and that can cut both ways - and did. so either it can cut both ways again, now, too, or it can't. you pick.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X