2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Strider w another gem tonite for his MLB-leading 14th win. 7.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 10 K. His ERA and estimators are not quite as impressive as last year, but the K rate and BB rate are similar. Oh yeah, he also leads MLB in Ks w 227. What a steal he was in the 4th round of the 2020 draft.
    What a steal he was for the guy who picked him up in my keeper league after I dropped him in April of 2022.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tonite Acuna became the 1st 30 HR/30 SB player in the MLB this year, and became the 1st ever MLB player to have 30 HR and 60 SB in the same season.

Comment

• Last Saturday, Ronald Acuna jumped on a 3-0 fastball from Emmet Sheehan in the third inning and smoked it at 121.2 mph — making it the hardest hit ball in all of Major League Baseball this season, by a considerable amount. It traveled an estimated 454 feet to center field.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Last night, Acuna hit a home run just left of center field at a 16-degree launch angle, with the ball reaching an apex of only 49 feet above the ground. There are a handful of other players, including Aaron Judge, who have hit a home run on such a low, line-drive trajectory, but nonetheless, it was impressive to see.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Last night, Acuna hit a home run just left of center field at a 16-degree launch angle, with the ball reaching an apex of only 49 feet above the ground. There are a handful of other players, including Aaron Judge, who have hit a home run on such a low, line-drive trajectory, but nonetheless, it was impressive to see.
            When I was a kid I remember Dave Parker of the Pirates hitting line drive home runs like that. I rarely see those any more with the current emphasis on the launch angle.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Acuna w HR (#35 tonite. On a pace for 40 HR and 73 SB.

Comment

• Matt Olson w his 48th HR today. He appears to be a cinch for breaking the club record of 51 held by Andruw Jones.
                Last edited by rhd; 09-10-2023, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Matt Olson w his 48th HR today. He appear to be a cinch for breaking the club record of 51 held by Andruw Jones.
                  I still find it amazing that Hank Aaron never hit 50 home runs in a season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

I still find it amazing that Hank Aaron never hit 50 home runs in a season.
                    Yeah, but what about Eddie Murray who had 504 career HR but never hit more than 33 in a season?

Comment

Yeah, but what about Eddie Murray who had 504 career HR but never hit more than 33 in a season?
                      That's amazing too. But, If I was a new fan just discovering baseball, I would expect the guy who topped the career home runs list for 33 years and is still only 7 behind Bonds to have at least come close to the old season record of 61 as well. Aaron topped out at 47.

It just shows how consistent and injury free that Aaron and Murray were throughout their careers.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Matt Olson w his 48th HR today. He appears to be a cinch for breaking the club record of 51 held by Andruw Jones.
                        Olson tied the Braves HR record yesterday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Today, Matt Olson set a new record for HR in a season for a Braves player w his 52nd. Next club record on the radar is the RBI record. the modern Braves record is 135 set by Eddie Mathews in 1953. Olson now has 129 so he seems a cinch to break this record also.

Comment

Today, Matt Olson set a new record for HR in a season for a Braves player w his 52nd. Next club record on the radar is the RBI record. the modern Braves record is 135 set by Eddie Mathews in 1953. Olson now has 129 so he seems a cinch to break this record also.
                            It has been pretty exciting to follow. Olson has really stepped it up this season. Seems like a guy who should be considered back end of round one despite total absence of speed.

Comment

• Braves place Max Fried on the 15-day IL with a left index finger blister.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yesterday, Ronald Acuna became the 5th MLB player to have a 40-40 season (40 HR, 69 SB).

Comment

Working...
                                X