No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Newcomb up for good? Tempted to call him up for his Tuesday start, but once he is up, he is up, so I want to make sure the Braves will stick with him through thick and thin. Given how they stuck with Swanson, I think they will. What do others think?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      So, Freddie Freeman says he will return as a third baseman to keep Matt Adams in the lineup. Nice way for the Braves to solve their third base woes. The future is looking brighter in Atlanta.
      Those kind of moves generally don't work out that well...maybe it will here, but I've got to think that Freddie moves back to 1st sooner rather than later, and Adams moves to the AL...
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Having picked up Adams right after Freeman got hurt the production didn't drop off. For my fantasy team having both in my line-up would be great but Freeman hasn't played 3B since 07 which he played 5 games committing 3 errors. Color me skeptical that this works out. If it does I will shoot myself because in another league I could have gotten a cheap Adams along with a cheaply priced Thor. I turned it down because I didn't think Adams has a job when Freeman returns.

Comment

The Braves DFA Bartolo Colon. If this is the end for the 44 year old Bartolo, then he would finish his 20 year career with 235 wins for 9 different teams.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Don't know how this going to work out but Freeman is playing 3B in the minors so it looks like Adams will stay at 1B for now once Freeman is activated. Their line-up could be very potent if this works out.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Don't know how this going to work out but Freeman is playing 3B in the minors so it looks like Adams will stay at 1B for now once Freeman is activated. Their line-up could be very potent if this works out.
              yeah, I saw that too ... I wonder if they're going to make a run for it, they certainly have the farm to bring in a couple of decent SPs
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Freeman activated today and playing third.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Don't look now but R.A. Dickey has been spectacular in recent weeks: 27 IP, 17 H, 6 BB, 23 K, 1.00 ERA, 0.85 WHIP.

If you look at his game log, he's really only gotten blown up in two starts this year, so in this year of the hitter, he's been much better than advertised.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Don't look now but R.A. Dickey has been spectacular in recent weeks: 27 IP, 17 H, 6 BB, 23 K, 1.00 ERA, 0.85 WHIP.

If you look at his game log, he's really only gotten blown up in two starts this year, so in this year of the hitter, he's been much better than advertised.
                    Just read an article that with the summer heating up it could make his knuckler harder to hit. I'm considering him.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Just read an article that with the summer heating up it could make his knuckler harder to hit. I'm considering him.
                      i've heard tim wakefield say some of his best seasons were unusually hot. and then you have guys like steven wright, who says the heat makes his hands sweat and causes him to have trouble gripping the ball.

Comment

• Dansby Swanson to be demoted to AAA.

Comment

• Brandon McCarthy exited his start Wednesday against the Nationals with a serious-looking left arm injury.

McCarthy had to reach back to catch a throw at first base and must have pulled something, as he immediately called for a trainer. It might have been a shoulder dislocation, though that's just speculation based on the replay of the incident. There should be an update soon from the Braves. McCarthy had worked five innings of one-run ball versus Washington on just 61 pitches.
                          Apr 11 - 2:40 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Brandon McCarthy exited his start Wednesday against the Nationals with a serious-looking left arm injury.

McCarthy had to reach back to catch a throw at first base and must have pulled something, as he immediately called for a trainer. It might have been a shoulder dislocation, though that's just speculation based on the replay of the incident. There should be an update soon from the Braves. McCarthy had worked five innings of one-run ball versus Washington on just 61 pitches.
                            Apr 11 - 2:40 PM
                            Brandon McCarthy injured? Unpossible!
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• We are 2 days away from a possible call-up for Acuna. Just got his 1st two hits after going 0-11 at AAA. Tucker has hit the ball well holding his position for Acuna. Wonder if the Braves bring him up and leave him at AAA for awhile longer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Brandon McCarthy injured? Unpossible!
                                dislocating his shoulder by catching a ball ... yep, seems appropriate ...
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X