No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim Johnson signed a two-year contract extension with ATL. What is his outlook for for next year? It sounds like he'll start with the closer's job but will he hold it all year??

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
      Jim Johnson signed a two-year contract extension with ATL. What is his outlook for for next year? It sounds like he'll start with the closer's job but will he hold it all year??
      I think he can hold the job. Johnson is still only 33 years old and is just two years removed from a pair of 50 saves seasons with Baltimore. The last two years he bounced around between four different teams and never got a chance to settle in as a closer until this year when he ran with the Braves closer job after finally being given a chance. Johnson was one of the better second half closers this season. Atlanta is wise to sign him now on the cheap. He doesn't blow away hitters but he gets the job done like the veteran closer that he is.

edit: Actually he did strikeout more than a batter per inning in 2016 which was a career first for him. In previously years he was effective with less k's so i wouldn't worry too much if he has a slight regression in strikeouts.
      Last edited by madducks; 10-02-2016, 02:30 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Broken wrist for Freddie Freeman, gone 8-to-10 weeks.

Comment

The hits just keep on coming. Braves lineup goes from OK to putrid pretty quickly. Any ideas on what they do at 1B?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            The hits just keep on coming. Braves lineup goes from OK to putrid pretty quickly. Any ideas on what they do at 1B?
            Rio Ruiz was recalled, so maybe him?

Comment

They apparently are likely to sign Loney (with Garcia just on the dl, Ruiz would presumably be at 3B)
              In related news, Freeman's WAR just went up.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Broken wrist for Freddie Freeman, gone 8-to-10 weeks.
                Seeing 10-12 now.

This is a big one, Freeman has been a top 5 fantasy asset so far this year. This injury has as much impact to the fantasy season as Bumgarner and Syndergaard's, if not more.

Comment

This kills me. I had Marte out for suspension and now Freeman out for next 2-3 months. Not to mention I also have to replace Pence and Cabrera. The RotoGods were indeed cruel to me this week.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    This kills me. I had Marte out for suspension and now Freeman out for next 2-3 months. Not to mention I also have to replace Pence and Cabrera. The RotoGods were indeed cruel to me this week.
                    same thing for another owner in my league who also has Thor, Braun, Haniger and Heyward........
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I just got an offer of Julio Teheran for my Cole Hamels. I think the owner has just had it after his awful start tonight. Anyone know what is up with him? I'm not excited to make this deal, but we only have 2 DL spots, and I have Freeman, Dahl, Kluber, Gray, and Hamels out for me, leaving my bench thin on healthy bodies.
                      Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-18-2017, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I just got an offer of Julio Teheran for my Cole Hamels. I think the owner has just had it after his awful start tonight. Anyone know what is up with him? I'm not excited to make this deal, but we only have 2 DL spots, and I have Freeman, Dahl, Kluber, Gray, and Hamels out for me, leaving my bench thin on healthy bodies.
                        I mean, I trust him as much as Hamels at this point, maybe more. That's not saying much.

Comment

Teheran walks are way up but take a look at his home/away. Maybe he doesn't like pitching in his new home.

Home
                          Year IP W L SV K BB HR ERA WHIP
                          2017 24.0 1 4 0 18 13 8 10.50 2.00

Away
                          Year IP W L SV K BB HR ERA WHIP
                          2017 25.3 2 0 0 18 10 0 0.71 1.07

Comment

Braves trade for Matt Adams, who presumably will become the new everyday 1B.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Braves trade for Matt Adams, who presumably will become the new everyday 1B.
                              This Freeman injury has help me in two leagues, one where I have Rio Ruiz and two unproductive UT spots (Drew Stubbs!?), and another where I've had Adams on my active roster all year. The one league where I have Freeman (RJEL), I have Ruiz AND Adams. So, essentially, I'm screwed for 10 weeks, but I don't have to scramble for a replacement. Ugh.

Comment

So, Freddie Freeman says he will return as a third baseman to keep Matt Adams in the lineup. Nice way for the Braves to solve their third base woes. The future is looking brighter in Atlanta.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X