No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the Braves OF is now going to be Mallex, Inciarte, and Markakis? Reminds me of the '80s Cards, but Freddie Freeman ain't Jack Clark.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I love the Braves thinking here. The OF defense is going to be very good and Mallex is cutting his teeth and has improved over the last 10 days. Not sure Adonis is considered part of the future here and while I definitely understand the argument of him staying over Brigand, I don't think he would've played much anyway.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Is Mallex Smith now the premiere option for steals now? Billy Hamilton can't hit and has only attempted 5 steals and Dee Gordon won't be back for a while. Right now Altuve leads the majors with 10 SB which is legit but right behind him is Ellsbury who's already hurt.

It'll all depend on:
        - can Mallex hit himself
        - can he improve on his success rate
        - will the Braves give him enough of a leash where he's not in danger of going back to AAA

They already wised up and started hitting him 9th instead of 8th but his value would really jump if they moved him to the top of the lineup although I'm not sure they want to start with 4 lefties (Smith, Inciarte, Markakis, and Freeman).

Comment

I've been wondering that myself about Mallex Smith.

Any thoughts on Bonifacio? Will he play enough to produce SB? And if so at what position?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Is Mallex Smith now the premiere option for steals now? Billy Hamilton can't hit and has only attempted 5 steals and Dee Gordon won't be back for a while. Right now Altuve leads the majors with 10 SB which is legit but right behind him is Ellsbury who's already hurt.

It'll all depend on:
            - can Mallex hit himself
            - can he improve on his success rate
            - will the Braves give him enough of a leash where he's not in danger of going back to AAA

They already wised up and started hitting him 9th instead of 8th but his value would really jump if they moved him to the top of the lineup although I'm not sure they want to start with 4 lefties (Smith, Inciarte, Markakis, and Freeman).
            Dont forget revere

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              I've been wondering that myself about Mallex Smith.

Any thoughts on Bonifacio? Will he play enough to produce SB? And if so at what position?
              Emilio? Probably not, he's been pretty worthless for a while now - might get some at-bats against lefties.

And I forgot about Revere, he probably has a better chance at leading the league in steals going forward than steals, but maybe not...

Comment

Aaron Blair sent back down to AAA.

Comment

Surprised that nobody mentioned manager Fredi Gonzalez getting fired.

Apparently, Gonzalez found out he was fired when he got his flight confirmation via e-mail. The flight was back to Atlanta before the series in Pittsburgh had finished. The Braves booked his flight the night before the planned firing and didn't realize Fredi would get an e-mail. Ooops!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...231414483.html
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Surprised that nobody mentioned manager Fredi Gonzalez getting fired.

Apparently, Gonzalez found out he was fired when he got his flight confirmation via e-mail. The flight was back to Atlanta before the series in Pittsburgh had finished. The Braves booked his flight the night before the planned firing and didn't realize Fredi would get an e-mail. Ooops!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...231414483.html
                    hahahahaha I heard it was by email, but I didn't know it was due to a flight update.
                    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Braves acquired Brian Matusz from the Orioles and quickly DFA'd him. They gained the #76 pick in the draft and its draft pool amount.

Comment

Mallex Smith broke his thumb on a HBP. Probably gone 4-to-6 weeks.

Comment

Braves trade Erick Aybar to Detroit and will recall Dansby Swanson tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Braves trade Erick Aybar to Detroit and will recall Dansby Swanson tomorrow.
                            That doesn't make any sense at all...why start the clock on him when there's absolutely no need to do so?
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              That doesn't make any sense at all...why start the clock on him when there's absolutely no need to do so?
                              No kidding. I thought they moved Albies down to AA so he and Swanson could work together.

Comment

interesting contrast in the Was-Atl game tonight: both starting pitchers have the same ERA, 2.81 ... Tanner Roark is 13-6 for Was, Julio Teheran is 3-9 for Atl.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X