2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Mike.

I think the question will be which will be worse.....Texas summer heat or Georgia summer heat.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Thanks, guys!
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
        Congrats Mike.

I think the question will be which will be worse.....Texas summer heat or Georgia summer heat.
        Houston. It's not close.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Hey Mike, nice shoutout from Keith Law today...

Hank: Can you give us some background on Mike Fast? Seems like a lot of excitement about Atlanta hiring him, but I don’t know much about him.

Keith Law: One of the first people to bring out research on pitch framing – to measure it and show its effects were real and sustainable. Great hire.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• so, uh, Mike, do you have a relative named Hank or something?

Hank: Can you give us a rundown on Mike Fast? What makes him such a big addition for Atlanta?

Kiley McDaniel: One of the top analysts in the game. I think fans may underrate how impactful that is, potentially having a small to medium edge you didn’t have before in dozens of decisions
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              Wow yeah - dynamic team and great city. Real nice words from Anthopoulos - link
              Congrats Mike! I think we could have used you in Baltimore.

Comment

• Smart move, Mike, congrats! Getting on the winning train and helping it over the top is excellent!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Thanks, guys!
                  How has it taken this long from me, or someone else, to realize you are now working on the same team as your rotojunkie alias, the Braves hitting coach? Did you pick the name, because you were a fan? If so, have you gotten to interact with the real KS? How surreal and cool is that?

Speaking if hitting, I know you probably shouldn't comment on your team's players, but if you have any thoughts on Albies that you can share, that would be cool. He was so great in the first half, and fell way off. But he was also only 21, facing adjustments from pitchers throwing him more break and off speed pitches, and probably also fatigued playing in a career high games. Do you think the roto nerds out there, and Braves fans, should expect more first half Albies this year, or maybe he was a bit hot there and more modest numbers are reasonable. He did pick things up in September, but it is hard to know what to make of player numbers at that time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    How has it taken this long from me, or someone else, to realize you are now working on the same team as your rotojunkie alias, the Braves hitting coach? Did you pick the name, because you were a fan? If so, have you gotten to interact with the real KS? How surreal and cool is that?

Speaking if hitting, I know you probably shouldn't comment on your team's players, but if you have any thoughts on Albies that you can share, that would be cool. He was so great in the first half, and fell way off. But he was also only 21, facing adjustments from pitchers throwing him more break and off speed pitches, and probably also fatigued playing in a career high games. Do you think the roto nerds out there, and Braves fans, should expect more first half Albies this year, or maybe he was a bit hot there and more modest numbers are reasonable. He did pick things up in September, but it is hard to know what to make of player numbers at that time of year.
                    I asked him awhile ago. (Coincidentally Kevin Seitzer was my favorite player for a few years).
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I asked him awhile ago. (Coincidentally Kevin Seitzer was my favorite player for a few years).
                      My bad. Nevermind then, I'm sure I can find it!

Comment

It's probably buried in a vintage draft discussion.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Damn, My Bad, lost.
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He was my favorite player when I was a kid. I haven't met him yet but will next week at spring training. It won't be quite the same as it would have been when I was a kid, but it's still pretty cool. I have to pinch myself sometimes. I got pretty used to seeing Nolan Ryan and Craig Biggio in the box at games when I was in Houston, but I will admit to pinching myself a little bit when I was watching Mike Fiers throw a no-hitter while I was sitting behind a man who had seven of them. Other ex-ballplayers I interacted with regularly and got to know them as actual coworkers and normal human beings, to the point I didn't even think about "who they were", and hopefully our hitting coach will be in that category down the line.

I'm not allowed to give fantasy advice on players. Commissioner will cut off my fingers.
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

I'm not allowed to give fantasy advice on players. Commissioner will cut off my fingers.
                              I figured that...I should have phrased differently. I do recall you saying something early on about what a dedicated and hard worker Dallas Keuchel was, without giving any specific advice, but that praise did hip folks to how legit he might be .

I've got a friend in the ATL area who goes to lots of games. By his accounts, there are a lot of nice players there, many of whom have been kind to his kids, and Albies is one of them. No correlation there to performance, but it is cool to work with good folks. I hope you are digging it so far! He keeps trying to get me to relocate to that area. His praise of ATL knows no bounds. Everything is great about that area, it seems, but the traffic. He said if I did move there and was on the opposite end of town, we'd never see each other, because driving through the city is a nightmare that takes forever.
                              Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-14-2019, 12:02 AM.

Comment

• Braves have said Josh Donaldson is going to hit 2nd. Acuna will either be 1st or 4th. If JD can stay healthy that's a heck of a good lineup spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X