No announcement yet.

2K24: Atlanta Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same Sam Freeman with 14.1 IP and 12 BB? The problem is that nobody can throw strikes. I agree with your assessment on Vizcaino and Minter, not sure about Carle; he could be good or not. Most of his minor league stats are as a starter, so maybe the stuff plays up. Nothing in his stats seems particularly unsustainable, although the ERA will normalize to around 3 or so. The bullpen had 62 or so walks before the end of April. It was ugly.

Comment

• Bautista went for $26 in both NL leagues. Seems like quite Abit to spend. Soroka went for $21.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        Bautista went for $26 in both NL leagues. Seems like quite Abit to spend. Soroka went for $21.
        Yeah, I think that's overpaying for Bautista, but we'll see. As a $1 Camargo owner, I'm glad he'll get a chance at SS for a while with Swanson hurt.

Comment

Bautista went for $26 in both NL leagues. Seems like quite Abit to spend. Soroka went for $21.
          went for $24 in my NL only.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Luiz Gohara being recalled, but will pitch out of the pen to start.

Comment

• I'm perplexed on this. Wouldn't it make more sense to let him stay down in AAA and let him continue to start so he can improve. This doesn't make sense to me but maybe the Braves know something on Gohara.

Comment

I'm perplexed on this. Wouldn't it make more sense to let him stay down in AAA and let him continue to start so he can improve. This doesn't make sense to me but maybe the Braves know something on Gohara.
                I think they know their bullpen blows chunks!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I think they know their bullpen blows chunks!
                  This. Also, he's hasn't been great in AAA, he showed he can compete in the majors last year, and maybe the change in scenery will help him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    This. Also, he's hasn't been great in AAA, he showed he can compete in the majors last year, and maybe the change in scenery will help him out.
                    Not to mention that the Braves have such great pitching depth, it's likely that they're starting to seperate potential starters from bullpen pieces. If A guy like Gohara can come in for an inning or two every couple of days, well, we've see how valuable that can be. Possible that they're looking at Gohara as a bullpen guy now...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Soroka to the DL with a shoulder problem...Gohara time? They called up Fried to take his place but cmon...gohara time!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Soroka to the DL with a shoulder problem...Gohara time? They called up Fried to take his place but cmon...gohara time!!!
                        Gohara is indeed being stretched out to start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Soroka to the DL with a shoulder problem...Gohara time? They called up Fried to take his place but cmon...gohara time!!!
                          Gohara pitched 2.1 innings on Tuesday and could not possibly start tonight. Fried got the call because he was scheduled to start for Gwinnett tonight, I assume (they had a bullpen game and collectively threw a 2-hit shutout, lol; mostly guys banished from the MLB bullpen). Given that the Braves get an extra arm for the pen if they send Fried down after the game and call someone else up for the pen, I would not be shocked if Gohara started next Tuesday, he shouldn't need much stretching out---he was starting in AAA and had a 3 IP stint and a 2.1 IP stint in the majors. That being said, the move with Soroka is said to be precautionary and he can come off the DL next Wednesday, so things are a bit fluid.

Comment

• And the Jose Bautista experiment is over as the Braves pull the plug and release him.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              And the Jose Bautista experiment is over as the Braves pull the plug and release him.
                              Bye bye

Comment

• In both of my NL leagues he went for $25 and $26. Can't ignore Father Time. Maybe another team will pick-up him up.

Comment

Working...
                                X