No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even a good manager - which Williams certainly is not - is not overcoming the Strasburg curse

Comment

Originally posted by Boone View Post
      They won 83 games and lost 79.
      Anybody want the "under" for next year?
      I swear I heard on the news today they had a losing record. Oops.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        I swear I heard on the news today they had a losing record. Oops.
        They had a losing record after the All-Star break.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like Dusty Baker and Bud Black are the two finalists for the manager job. They are the only two candidates getting a second interview.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Looks like Dusty Baker and Bud Black are the two finalists for the manager job. They are the only two candidates getting a second interview.
            Just when you think forward thinking is catching hold in MLB, someone decides Dusty Baker might be a good idea... Sigh.

Comment

Draping Lucas Giolito's arm in black crepe now...
              "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Don't even kid about that!

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  To show my age, I remember Black and Blue double headers.

I hope Dusty is done. Please, do not let him torment another team's fans.

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                  Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Don't even kid about that!
                  Yeah, that's my fantasy future you're messing with.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Bud Black will be the next Nats manager.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Bud Black will be the next Nats manager.
                      Good for them!!
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Clearly the better choice. I think the Nationals wanted Bud Black before the job even opened up.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• HA

those poor bastards

"Bud Black and the Nationals never settled on the deal, despite reports, and Washington reached out to Dusky Backer to offer him the job, according to the CBS Sports website. USA Today reports talks between the Nationals and Black are over."

(note autocorrect problems; this is on the front page of espn.com)
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Dusky Backer will make a great manager.

Comment

• Dysfunction Junction.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Apparently they didn't get Black because they couldn't come to an agreement on a contract.

Their final offer was 1 year, 1.6 million. Ugh.

The Nationals chose Black on Wednesday, but the terms had to be ironed out. According to another person familiar with the situation, Black was “deeply offended” by the Nationals’ first offer and the talks didn’t get back on track after that. According to a tweet from an account believed to belong to Black’s wife, the initial offer was for one-year, $1.6 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X