2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
    The Nats announced that starting pitchers Patrick Corbin and Jon Lester, catchers Yan Gomes and Alex Avila, first baseman Josh Bell, infielders Josh Harrison and Jordy Mercer, left fielder Kyle Schwarber and reliever Brad Hand have all been placed on the injured list, though none with a specified injury.
    While many of these players were starters on many fantasy squads, all the Trea Turner, Juan Soto and Max Scherzer owners breathe a little easier.

Comment

• Guess I don't have to sweat Corbin getting clobbered. Saved by the Gods maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        So my $1 Zimmermann gets a start...yay.
        and is batting clean up!
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• sometimes the baseball gods rain on you (I threw back a $6 Rodon this winter - well, maybe that wasn't the baseball gods as much as me ... ), but sometimes they smile on you - I had Patrick Corbin & his 9ER in 2IP on the bench last night (dumb luck, I just wasn't paying attention to the schedule). Dodged a bullet there.

Having said that, he's off to a horrific start ... hopefully not an indicator of something physically wrong.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Guess I don't have to sweat Corbin getting clobbered. Saved by the Gods maybe?
            The gods couldn't help you yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              sometimes the baseball gods rain on you (I threw back a $6 Rodon this winter - well, maybe that wasn't the baseball gods as much as me ... ), but sometimes they smile on you - I had Patrick Corbin & his 9ER in 2IP on the bench last night (dumb luck, I just wasn't paying attention to the schedule). Dodged a bullet there.

Having said that, he's off to a horrific start ... hopefully not an indicator of something physically wrong.
              I m worried he is toast. I took a gamble and traded Merrifield for him in the offseason, but I really regret it. His velocity is still down as it was last year. I am hoping he can crawl back up to respectability, but any delusions I had of him returning to anything close to what he was at his peak are shattered.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                The gods couldn't help you yesterday.
                He hadn't shown anything positive at all prior to yesterday's game and I was very tempted to bench him, but pitching at home against the D-Backs, well.....how bad could it be, right?

After the error by Harrison in the 2nd with one out he just needed one more out to make anything following unearned. Bottom of the lineup coming up with some no names, phew I should get out of this, right?

Nats announcers kept saying - nobody up in the bullpen, Patrick needs to build up some stamina.

Lost a few years of my life in that game, lol.

Comment

• Corbin is done IMO, I avoided him like the plague.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Corbin is done IMO, I avoided him like the plague.
                    New plague or old plague ?
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Corbin is done IMO, I avoided him like the plague.
                      I am thinking of dealing him for Junis or Cobb....deciding if I am overreacting or not. I have Corbin locked up for next year too, and I can't decide if that makes him worse or better for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I am thinking of dealing him for Junis or Cobb....deciding if I am overreacting or not. I have Corbin locked up for next year too, and I can't decide if that makes him worse or better for me.
                        Not Junis. Even in his "good" years, his FIP was mid-4s and WHIP around 1.28. Cobb...maybe. At least there was a time Cobb was a good fantasy SP, and even more where he was at least serviceable. And his home park now is a heck of a lot more forgiving than Camden Yards was.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Not Junis. Even in his "good" years, his FIP was mid-4s and WHIP around 1.28. Cobb...maybe. At least there was a time Cobb was a good fantasy SP, and even more where he was at least serviceable. And his home park now is a heck of a lot more forgiving than Camden Yards was.
                          Yeah, not in love with Junis, but the question is, is Corbin now an albatross contract I should give away? I'm on the hook for $17 next year if I don't get rid of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Yeah, not in love with Junis, but the question is, is Corbin now an albatross contract I should give away? I'm on the hook for $17 next year if I don't get rid of him.
                            In that case, Jake Junis looks a lot more attractive! Yeah, I'd be looking to bail out of that contract just about however I could. But if I could get Cobb over Junis, I'd do so.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Not Junis. Even in his "good" years, his FIP was mid-4s and WHIP around 1.28.
                              I don't know, Dylan Bundy and Kevin Gausman fit that same description until they didn't. I think there's some potential with pitchers to break out in their late 20s. Going back further you have Cliff Lee who was pretty bad overall until he hit 29 (... although don't get me wrong here, Junis is not Cliff Lee or anywhere in the same stratosphere, I'm just saying that we often judge pitchers too early)

I like Junis as a back end starter or streamer for fantasy this year. Whenever a fringe pitcher who had success in the minors adds something new to his arsenal, like Junis with the new cutter, I'm intrigued. He's an easy drop if he starts struggling, but there's some upside there.

Comment

• Nationals place SP Stephen Strasburg on the 10-day IL with right shoulder inflammation. That explains the 7 ER given up on Tuesday.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X