No announcement yet.

2K24: Washington Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He has power and speed, but no hit tool. This is pretty much to be expected.

Comment

• Miraculously, Adam Eaton is about to start a rehab assignment and is now expected back when first eligible on June 8th.

Comment

• here comes return of my Kershaw, Molina, Eaton, Williamson, Lucchesi, Hanson, Neshek, FCordero, Pence in the next 2 weeks

maybe
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Miraculously, Adam Eaton is about to start a rehab assignment and is now expected back when first eligible on June 8th.
          Gotta think Taylor is the odd man out?

Comment

Miraculously, Adam Eaton is about to start a rehab assignment and is now expected back when first eligible on June 8th.
            Is it miraculous that he is coming back earlier than expected or miraculous we havent seen a report of him injuring himself while reaching for the remote recently?
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Is it miraculous that he is coming back earlier than expected or miraculous we havent seen a report of him injuring himself while reaching for the remote recently?
              Ha, both!

Originally posted by overkill94
              Gotta think Taylor is the odd man out?
              Yes, that seems to be the current thinking.

Comment

• Eaton should be coming off the DL today? He and Harper should likely be in the line-up full time. Question is are the Nats going to effect Soto PT or Taylor? If it is Soto then there is the possibility of him going back to the minor. as I can't see the Nats sitting him on the bench. Common sense states Soto, Eaton and Harper with Taylor going to 4th OF. Soto has done absolutely everything to remain the starter. Also even so Taylor has hit much better as of late he is never going to have a decent BA. Thoughts?

Comment

• Eaton has been activated. He is leading off for the Nats. Turner is batting 2nd with Harper 3rd. Soto is also starting and batting 6th. Taylor to the bench. Bautista was released to make room for Eaton.

Comment

• Also, Strasburg is getting an MRI.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      Also, Strasburg is getting an MRI.
                      I hate to read this for real life. As far as fantasy goes I am glad I traded him last week in a package for Acuna.

Comment

• Correct me if I'm wrong by all means, but I distinctly remember as a prospect Strasburg getting negative scouting reports about his delivery, thus making him more susceptible to injuries.

Comment

• two weeks ago, our leader (who has never won in 20 years of trying) made this deal:

rebuilder TRADES Stephen Strasburg 38-S1, Ender Inciarte 21-S1, and Yasmani Grandal 9-S2 to Team Never Won for (Michael Feliz S2-10,) Albert Almora 8-S2, Austin Barnes 5-S2, and farmhands Austin Meadows, Steven Duggar, and Erik Fedde.

looked like a light return for rebuilder - but if Meadows is for real and Strasburg......

Team Never Won also owns Buehler (ribs) and Velasquez (10 ER yesterday)

oh, rebuilder in preseason acquired Strasburg 38-S1 for Wil Myers 25-S1. other team wasn't going to keep Strasburg anyway. by keeping now-DLd Myers, he kept neither JoseMartinez 10 nor Almora for 3 as he had no room. talk about a trade that hurt both teams - that one might cost my archrival the pennant!
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Do we have/need a minor league thread? I searched but don't see one.

I went to the Syracuse Chiefs game yesterday. I had been wanting to take a 48 hour trip to bring back some packages I ordered. Sunday was Roy Halladay bobblehead day so it was on my radar.

When I was there 3 weeks ago people were drinking in the security line, so I grabbed some beers on the way there and met up with friends in line. We had a mini-tailgate in line from 11-12.

We got in, claimed our bobbleheads and went to sit in LF at field level. The 'bullpen' ruins right along the rail. The Chiefs SP was warming with the pitching coach and some other pitchers. I called out, "What are the chances someone will flip me a ball at the end of the session?" I looked down for a minute and a ball landed in my lap. Koda Glover was working out and a friend wanted him to sign a card. I knew who he was so I called him and he came over to sign my ball and her card, plus a couple things for her.

Then, because I was wearing a black Halladay jersey, Spectrum News interviewed me and a friend saw it on in Watertown today.

Pretty eventful day for a guy who didn't get to experience this stuff as a kid.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Michael Taylor has a sprained knee and hip and will miss a "significant amount of time."

Comment

Michael Taylor has a sprained knee and ankle and will miss a "significant amount of time."
                                The Robles hype train gains even more steam!

Comment

Working...
                                X