Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trea Turner with the cycle

Comment

• After another 4-for-4 effort last night, Bryce Harper is hitting .432!

Comment

• I think I rather start a Rockies pitcher than start a pitcher against the Nats.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          I think I rather start a Rockies pitcher than start a pitcher against the Nats.
          Agree. In my daily leagues, I'm avoiding the Nats until Harper gets hurt.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Harper is on a mission to secure a half billion mega contract, and it is fun to witness. Trout/Harper 1/1A.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              Harper is on a mission to secure a half billion mega contract, and it is fun to witness. Trout/Harper 1/1A.
              Didnt Harper have a similar start in 2016 before it went on to be a disappointing season?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Didnt Harper have a similar start in 2016 before it went on to be a disappointing season?
                Yes he did. He's a legendary April player. Last year he hurt his shoulder or something and that was allegedly why he sucked the rest of the year. Even though it's never been confirmed.

Comment

• Harper either is a fluke, and was not injured last year, so his lame, or tame, season gives reason to think similar could happen this year. Or he is a young great player, who has 1 season for the ages in the books, but this season is more critical as it is his salary drive run. I know I would plain not trade my cheap under contract Harper for anything in my 12 team nl. Age wise he is still a couple seasons away from his peak assuming he follows a relatively standard aging curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                    Harper either is a fluke, and was not injured last year, so his lame, or tame, season gives reason to think similar could happen this year. Or he is a young great player, who has 1 season for the ages in the books, but this season is more critical as it is his salary drive run. I know I would plain not trade my cheap under contract Harper for anything in my 12 team nl. Age wise he is still a couple seasons away from his peak assuming he follows a relatively standard aging curve.
                    I may be steering this off topic, but in your case, there would be 4 or 5 NL players I would listen in on if I were you. Thats of course depending on their contract status in your league. Reason being, you may lose Harper to the AL after this season. If I could get Arenado with a similar contract as Harper, I am making the deal since Nolan isnt going anywhere in 2018.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I may be steering this off topic, but in your case, there would be 4 or 5 NL players I would listen in on if I were you. Thats of course depending on their contract status in your league. Reason being, you may lose Harper to the AL after this season. If I could get Arenado with a similar contract as Harper, I am making the deal since Nolan isnt going anywhere in 2018.
                      You think the Nats will trade Harper? Because otherwise he's not a FA until 2019.

Comment

Harper wont be eligible for FA until after the 2018 season...I don't see the Nats dealing him before that time.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          You think the Nats will trade Harper? Because otherwise he's not a FA until 2019.
                          I wasnt sure but GCSTOMP said its his salary drive run so I assumed this was his last season. If it isnt then my comments dont apply.

Comment

• The the hell is up with Ryan Zimmeran?! Has he ever had a stretch this dominate before? I keep waiting for the inevitable regression, but he keeps hitting.

Comment

Yes, it looked like a great season until Joe Maddon got inside his head by having the Cubs pitchers walk Harper 6 times in one game lol.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                The the hell is up with Ryan Zimmeran?! Has he ever had a stretch this dominate before? I keep waiting for the inevitable regression, but he keeps hitting.
                                In one league he went for $11 that team is in second. My other league he went for $3. He is going to have to cool down sooner or later but this has been an amazing start. Unless someone had some incredible insight to him I don't think anybody imagine this would happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X