No announcement yet.

2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants petitioned to have the error on Posey's ground ball changed to a hit. The scoring change was made some time early last week. I don't remember the exact day.

It was a very hard-hit ball, and reasonably could have been scored either way.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Lance McCullers is the real deal.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Lance McCullers is the real deal.
        Especially impressive for a 21 year old pitcher who never pitched above A ball before this season.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          Lance McCullers is the real deal.
          This is what I get to following the "experts" that abandoned him. I've always liked what I've seen from him in videos, but so many didn't even rank him as a top 10 prospect in the Astros system (and admittedly deep system), that I cut him.

Comment

• In addition to Correa, the Stros are calling up Vince Velazquez.

BTW, anyone notice the Astro bullpen? Four out of the five guys have WHIPs under 1.00.

Comment

• I read velasquez is being promoted today but pitching on wednesday. If true, why would Houston waste a spot for two days ??

Comment

• Welcome to the Bigs, Carlos...you get to face Chris Sale and Felix Hernandez in your first week. Good luck
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                  I read velasquez is being promoted today but pitching on wednesday. If true, why would Houston waste a spot for two days ??
                  We're not.

Comment

• McCullers with another decent game (7ip, 4h, 3er, 0bb, 7k) in a losing effort tonight. That's two games in a row now that the 21 year old pitcher hasn't walked anyone.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jonathan Singleton recalled and Luhnow says he will eat into Gattis' and Carter's PT.

Comment

• is it a given that Lowrie is going to replace valbuena at 3B for Houston (at least for the most part)? I remember reading that Lowrie was assured he would have a key role with the team upon his return (this coincided with the correa callup/explosion).

I have the opportunity to pick up Lowrie this Friday...would love some insight if you have it...thanks!

Comment

• I've read that he will get SOME time at 3B from Valbuena. Not sure he's expected to get more than that, at least initially. But he will likely be a utility player and give guys rest at SS/2B.

Comment

• Houston gets Oliver Perez to bolster the bullpen. I wonder how he passed through waivers?
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Has Chris Carter essentially lost his job? I guess there won't be a boffo 2nd half like there was last season.

Comment

• I would bet a box of Dunkin Donuts that AJ Reed will be called up in September and he is bringing hell with him, once he gets an inch he will take the job and run at 1b.

Comment

Working...
                                X