No announcement yet.

2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... how long until Houston gives Kyle Tucker a chance? Outside of Springer their OF is starting to stink:
    Reddick is Reddick, low AVG, decent OBP, some pop. But Fisher and Marisnick are both hitting below .200, with OBPs of .227 (Fisher) and .160 (Marisnick). They can't keep that level of performance in the lineup too far into the summer, can they?

Comment

• Wow...this is against Joey Gallo

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        Wow...this is against Joey Gallo
        That's amazing!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Wow...this is against Joey Gallo

Actually Gallo did bunt to the vacant 3b for a single this year

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            Actually Gallo did bunt to the vacant 3b for a single this year
            He might get up to .230 if he did it every time he saw the shift
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Altuve with 2 hr and 2 sb this season. That's really really concerning. I dont own him, but was shocked how little he has produced so far.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Altuve with 2 hr and 2 sb this season. That's really really concerning. I dont own him, but was shocked how little he has produced so far.
                He's the definition of waiver wire fodder...I dropped him for Alen Hanson in my 5 team mixed league just this week.

In all seriousness, why don't you save your reverse jink for someone you actually own ?
                --------------------------------------
                You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                  In all seriousness, why don't you save your reverse jink for someone you actually own ?
                  The reverse jink only works if the words at least two of the three words "suck(s), cut, or $%&!ing" are used in the same sentence.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hi.I'm.Mandy View Post
                    He's the definition of waiver wire fodder...I dropped him for Alen Hanson in my 5 team mixed league just this week.

Because I'm a nice guy!!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Brian McCann out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Brian McCann out 4-6 weeks for knee surgery.
                        No plans to catch Gattis, from what I’ve seen. Too bad for the fantasy managers that have him

Comment

• Ryan Pressly since joining the Astros: 18.2 IP, 0.95 ERA 1 BB, 25 Ks and even notched a save with Osuna and Rondon having pitched in multiple games this week.

At this point, every team management staff should ask this question first when the Astros inquire about a pitcher: "What are we missing here?"

Comment

• Is Collin McHugh going to start? Most of the depth charts say so.

If he does, are the partial season numbers from 2017 realistic--3.55 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.81 K/9, 3.10 K/BB? If so, for how many IP?

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Josh James has a strained right quad and will be limited to flat-ground throwing for a while.
                              Astros manager A.J. Hinch noted to reporters Wednesday morning that this injury "probably takes him out of the conversation" for the final spot in the Opening Day rotation, while adding that James could still make the major league roster as a reliever. The 25-year-old right-hander had been one of our favorite draft-day sleepers. He can probably be ignored now in standard redraft formats, though he could become waiver-wire gold if he eventually slides back into a starting role in Houston.

SOURCE: Chandler Rome on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Is Collin McHugh going to start? Most of the depth charts say so.

If he does, are the partial season numbers from 2017 realistic--3.55 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.81 K/9, 3.10 K/BB? If so, for how many IP?

J
                                Looking great so far. Seems like he could be a $20-$30 AL-only league type of pitcher.

I have an extension decision coming up for him in my AL only league. I was able to keep him this year for $1, but have the ability on June 1 to extend him one year @$4, two years @$4/$7, or three years @$4/$7/$10. If he gets hurt or becomes a MR again, it would cost me half his salary to dump him in any extension year. Seems worth going at least two, no?

Comment

Working...
                                X