2K24: Houston Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    True. No need for a 1B the first 100 games!
    Cripes... completely missed that one...
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Charlie Morton through four starts: 25 IP, 16 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 33 K. Sixth in swinging strike rate (Scherzer, Ohtani, Corbin, Syndergaard, Sale).
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Charlie Morton through four starts: 25 IP, 16 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 33 K. Sixth in swinging strike rate (Scherzer, Ohtani, Corbin, Syndergaard, Sale).
        So glad i kept him over Hicks and Gennett. Was literally going back and forth minutes before my keepers were due. So far so good. He's a Peacock blown save away from being 4-0.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Still wish ol' Ground Chuck well, he suffered so long as a Bucco.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Still wish ol' Ground Chuck well, he suffered so long as a Bucco.
              Screw him! If he pitched this good for the Bucs then maybe they would have won more games!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                Charlie Morton through four starts: 25 IP, 16 H, 2 ER, 6 BB, 33 K. Sixth in swinging strike rate (Scherzer, Ohtani, Corbin, Syndergaard, Sale).
                following up on this - he's now 12th in swinging strike rate... and fourth on his team.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Giles...just when you thought he was OK again he goes down like a steaming dumpster fire. Hey note to the Astros- if you have 1B open with two men on in a tie game in the ninth, just maybe walk Gary Sanchez to pitch to Aaron Hicks. Doesnt take a stat genius to figure that out. Geez

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Giles...just when you thought he was OK again he goes down like a steaming dumpster fire. Hey note to the Astros- if you have 1B open with two men on in a tie game in the ninth, just maybe walk Gary Sanchez to pitch to Aaron Hicks. Doesnt take a stat genius to figure that out. Geez
                    Did anyone see he literally punched himself in the face after exiting the game? LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Did anyone see he literally punched himself in the face after exiting the game? LOL.
                      instead of punching himself, he should have found whoever decided that pitching to Sanchez was the right thing to do. Yeah, Im bitter
                      Last edited by Pauly; 05-02-2018, 02:10 PM.

Comment

instead of punching himself, he should have found whoever decided that pitching to Sanchez was the right thing to do. Yeah, Im bitter
                        I'd venture a guess it was Giles that decided that pitching to Sanchez was the right thing to do. I really doubt they went out to talk to him about it and he wanted to walk him but they convinced him to pitch to him.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Apparently he didn't have the pine tar. Just ask Bauer.

Comment

• Verlander last week: 14 INN, 6 HA, 3 BBI, 22 K, ER, 0.643 ERA, 0.643 WHIP, L

Hard to imagine not getting a W with a line like that.

Comment

Verlander last week: 14 INN, 6 HA, 3 BBI, 22 K, ER, 0.643 ERA, 0.643 WHIP, L

Hard to imagine not getting a W with a line like that.
                              Kershaw is 1-4 with a 2.86 ERA. Crazy
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Second week of May and Altuve stole just base #2 today. Always hoping for at least 30 bags from the guy...

Comment

Working...
                                X